Calling all English Nerds. (1 Viewer)

Tully-

HSC
For an english assignment (module B-speeches) I have to write (not speak) a speech that either affirms or opposes this proposition: "The enduring nature of any speech is that it can appeal to people in many different ways"

Could someone break down this proposition? as in explain it in simple language so I can obtain a good grip on it. After many attemps my english teacher could not put it into words I could understand.

For all those thinking I am slighty retarded, you are correct.

ta.

EchoRyvre

HSC
It's basically just a debate. You state affirmative or negative, and give reasons why you think so. It's analysing the effect a speech has on people, and base some points on famous speeches like the "I have a dream" speech ... it's pretty simple. Watch some videos of US presidential speeches, I'd think they're a good resource ...

Sharkeh

HSC
Echo has it summed up well.

You pick a few well-known speeches as your texts and you study them in depth. Thats the most important part. Your question is asking about any speech. So that means all speeches. But you can't do all speeches, therefore the speeches you do chose have to make up for that. So make sure it's in-depth x100.

The question itself is also somewhat bias. I think you teacher is wanting you to go with the affirmative, and agree with the statement. It's also probably easier that way

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)