Calling for advice from current med students (1 Viewer)

Datooch

HSC
Hey guys.

Now, what with the first round of interviews being out and about for UNSW, I thought that a decent place to get advice for the interview would be here; hopefully. Heh.

Ok, any advice at all about what to wear, what to say, how to act, etc for either the normal or rural interviews.

Cheers guys

msomana

HSC
I think the best idea is to be as comfortable as you possibly can. I am pretty sure that clothing is not an assessment criterion, but it's also pretty standard that everyone there will be wearing something formal and professional.

Perhaps see http://www.medstudentsonline.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=601 re: what to wear to interviews.

What to say? Well, be open and honest with your answers. UNSW has been quoted as being "like sitting in the psychiatrist's chair" by a friend of mine (who got an offer a few years ago but went elsewhere.) I would agree with this sentiment myself.

How to act? Be professional, but let the good parts of your personality shine through. This tends to be easier when you feel comfortable. Back to point one.

flowergrl

HSC
If you are very close to anyone who goes to UNSW, they should have all the possible list of questions for UNSW med interviews. But you'd have to get it physically cos they probably don't have it as a pdf.

Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)