Camera's and Editing Software (1 Viewer)

jessica.ann

HSC
does the quality of your camera matter when it comes to marks???
i dont think i can afford a better camera.. i hav a JVC Everio HDD and im editing with Final Cut.......
its so confusing cos i just wanna get a good mark but dont know what is best to do...
any suggestions???

Cool-Kipper

HSC
I might be changing topics here but I was wondering whether anyone knew which camera type is best.

HDD, DVD or Tape.

I've been hearing heaps of different things. I'd actually prefer not to buy tape so...

Which is better, DVD or HDD?

allym

HSC
I might be changing topics here but I was wondering whether anyone knew which camera type is best.

HDD, DVD or Tape.

I've been hearing heaps of different things. I'd actually prefer not to buy tape so...

Which is better, DVD or HDD?

I had this problem, and what it really boils down to is what your editing with. For a mac, tape is the ONLY way to go in my mind. I have tried several HDDs with it, none to work, and dvd are a totally wrong format, so not even an option.
Tape doesn't lessen the quality or anything? - Why do you not want to buy tape?

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Agreed. Nothing wrong with DV tape. Well, unless you have a shit computer and you can't capture smoothly. Last thing you need is to try to capture your footage and have frames missing.
I personally, used DV tape, worked marvels.
Oh, since I'm participating, I'm editing with Adobe Premiere cs3 .

trob1

HSC
I would just like to ask.. how am i supposed to get my video from the digital format onto a VHS??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????? and do we have to present it on a tape in VHS format?

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I would just like to ask.. how am i supposed to get my video from the digital format onto a VHS??????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????? and do we have to present it on a tape in VHS format?
No man. No one should be submitting in VHS format. Those guidelines are getting outdated. Just hand in a DVD and make sure it's not a file disc, but an operating DVD disc ( like playable on a DVD player). Oh, and just to be safe, stick a FILE DVD disc in your journal with your complete video for safety's sake.

trob1

HSC
OMG Thankyou. i was getting anxiety about that. i don't even think they sell tapes in australia anymore? haha, you're a lifesaver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)