Can i accept multiple offers (1 Viewer)

gizdonk2

HSC
I am quite indecisive with what uni course I want to do, with the ultimate goal being law at USYD, I want to keep all my options open whilst I decide. I currently have accepted bachelor of commerce at USYD and have been offered law at Macquarie. Can I accept the Macquarie offer without losing the USYD offer, in order to try and get one from UOW in Feb Round 2, effectively accepting 2 offers at once? Also, out of those three options, which do you think is easiest to end up in USYD law?

HSC
You get an offer each round... I just went with early entry... it depends if you want to do law now or not?
I was planning to do law at Notre Dame, and try and transfer to Macquarie, however I recieved a late round offer to UOW for Law/Arts so I took it!
I'd say if you're set on studying at USYD, then do Commerce (Honestly I'd do an arts degree as it's easier to get a high enough GPA to transfer to law) as it's a lot harder to transfer between institutions than picking up a course at the same uni.

In summation;
1. If you want to do LAW NOW take up either MQ or UOW (It really depends if you want to stay in sydney or not, you're really risking it if you wait for a UOW offer, especially if they havent notified you previously as they did for me on the 25th of Jan for Feb Round 1)
2. If you want to study at USYD then take up the Commerce offer (Work your butt off and apply to pick up or transfer to a law degree)

I'd pick a Law offer TBH, but everyone is different.

GOODLUCK

engineering

HSC
N/A
I think what you are actually asking is "what course am I going to get higher marks in that might make me more competitive for an application to Sydney law next year". Without knowing any of your academic strengths and weakness, and personal circumastances, no one can on BOS can answer that.

You might also want to take into account
Given you might get in - does either course give me more credit into law
Given you might not get in - are you prepared to stay in that degree.

Given the overwhelming number of posts you see on this forum about transferring to Sydney law after a year somewhere else, be mindful that it is no less competitive to get a high WAM in first year Uni than it is to get a 99.5 atar in the first place.

While you can accept multiple offers, you have to make a decision ultimately in the very near future before Uni starts about which one you will actually do.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)