Can I change subjects? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm doing a BA first year and I want to change from government relations in semester 2 to maybe socio-legal studies in semester 2

except I didn't do introduction to socio-legal studies 1001 or whatever this semester.
Will I be able to socio-legal studies next semester if I didn't do it this semester?

thanks x

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I'm doing a BA first year and I want to change from government relations in semester 2 to maybe socio-legal studies in semester 2

except I didn't do introduction to socio-legal studies 1001 or whatever this semester.
Will I be able to socio-legal studies next semester if I didn't do it this semester?

thanks x
There are no prerequisites for SLSS1003 so yes you are able to do it. There are requirements for SLSS2XXX though... :/

Edit: Change your units through MyAdmin via Enrolment Variations.

HSC
This might sound really dumb but I'm looking at the socio-legal subjects page and it has two abbreviations: P and N

What do they mean? does P stand for pre-requisites? because I'm doing sociology and the english subjects mentioned under that section and so I was just wondering if that meant i would be able to continue doing SLSS in my second and third year?

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
P stands for prerequisite. N stands for "not counted for credit with", which basically means if you do a certain subject, you can't do the units they list next to the N letter. So for example you aren't allowed to do SCLG2601 if you have already done SCLG2001 or SCLG2520.

So yeah, as has been said, you can do SLSS1003 next semester and then SLSS1001 next year. If you say you've already done ENGL1008 and ENGL1026, then you should be able to do SCLG2601 at the same time with SLSS1001.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)