Can I even get 80 atar? (1 Viewer)

chardzard

HSC
So i have done about 2 Tests in each of my subjects and im starting to question my capabilites to even get a 80 atar. My sister is telling me that if i drop out of advanced math then id ruin my HSC due to scaling. My current subjects are: Physics, Advanced math, Standard English, Business studies and Economic. My current results in each are:

- Physics: 44%, 50% (rank 10-12/13 almost last)
- Math: 28%, 55% (rank 20-30/35) almost last again)
- English: 80%, 80% (10-20/128)
- Economics: 45%, 85% (5/18)
- Business, 60%, 85% (7/45)

Those are my current marks and im wondering if its possible as math and physics are dragging my marks down. I have 1 more test before my trials and i believe for business, Economics and English i should be fine to get above 80% but for math and physics i am unsure. My sister is telling me i can still get a 90 atar as long as i do a drastic change which she can assist me in math but not physics (which even she had dropped) is all up to me as my parents wont allow me any tutoring. Would I still be able to get an 80 atar?

as for school rank its been in the 200-300s so not the best nor the worst

Last edited:

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, you can definitely still reach an 80 ATAR. You have improved in most of your subjects (especially Economics and Business Studies) and while there is still significant improvement that can be made to your performance in Physics and Mathematics Advanced, the consistent improvement is promising. With that being said, you should also focus on the importance of improving your ranks (which can only be done through superior performance in your upcoming tasks and your trial exams), as maximising your ranks will be key in maximising your Assessment Mark (the mark that reflects your internal performance and contributes 50% of your overall HSC mark in a subject) across your subjects.

In improving your performance, you should ensure that you address any areas of improvement, which can include concepts that you are not sufficiently familiar or confident with. This applies to all of your subjects. Subsequently, you can complete substantial practice material (for example, textbook questions and past exam papers) and seek feedback/clarification where needed, resulting in comprehensive and more effective preparation overall.

Lastly, keep in mind that depending on the degree(s) that you are interested in as well as your circumstances (such as HSC results and place of residence), you may be able to have adjustment factors applied to your selection rank, which can increase your chances of receiving an offer for your chosen degree(s).

I hope this helps! :D

TryingMyBest194

HSC
So i have done about 2 Tests in each of my subjects and im starting to question my capabilites to even get a 80 atar. My current subjects are: Physics, Advanced math, Standard English, Business studies and Economic. My current results in each are:

- Economics: 45%, 85% (6/18)
- Business, 60%, 85% (9/45)

Those are my current marks and im wondering if its possible as math and physics are dragging my marks down. I have 1 more test before my trials and i believe for business, Economics and English i should be fine to get above 80% but for math and physics i am unsure. My sister is telling me i can still get a 90 atar as long as i do a drastic change which she can assist me in math but not physics (which even she had dropped) is all up to me as my parents wont allow me any tutoring. Would i still be able to get an 80 atar?

200s-300s a little cooked though because schools in those ranges don't usually get over 100 band6s/e4s. you might wanna try fiddling around with atar calcs with your school in consideration-- try the hscninja one? if not try the carrotsssss raw calc with an estimate of the RAW marks you'll think you'll achieve. doesn't account for cohort performance though </3 best of luck man we are quite literally in the same boat

Duskheaven

HSC
In theory, yes, but it seems unlikely unless you truely start cramming. I'd research all the university pathways if you want to pursue a degree that requires you getting a 80 including degree transfers.

chardzard

HSC
Yes, you can definitely still reach an 80 ATAR. You have improved in most of your subjects (especially Economics and Business Studies) and while there is still significant improvement that can be made to your performance in Physics and Mathematics Advanced, the consistent improvement is promising. With that being said, you should also focus on the importance of improving your ranks (which can only be done through superior performance in your upcoming tasks and your trial exams), as maximising your ranks will be key in maximising your Assessment Mark (the mark that reflects your internal performance and contributes 50% of your overall HSC mark in a subject) across your subjects.

In improving your performance, you should ensure that you address any areas of improvement, which can include concepts that you are not sufficiently familiar or confident with. This applies to all of your subjects. Subsequently, you can complete substantial practice material (for example, textbook questions and past exam papers) and seek feedback/clarification where needed, resulting in comprehensive and more effective preparation overall.

Lastly, keep in mind that depending on the degree(s) that you are interested in as well as your circumstances (such as HSC results and place of residence), you may be able to have adjustment factors applied to your selection rank, which can increase your chances of receiving an offer for your chosen degree(s).

I hope this helps! :D
I have found out the only subject that wont have another test is Physics, so I have started back at the first modules to study for trials, as for the rest of the subjects, Business will be a test and economics being an assigment. Whilst we havent recieved a notification for it yet, we do have a good idea of what it is and i have started it. Math and english will also be in class tests.
My sister is able to help me with Math as she did rank high in both extensions but as for physics i am alone for it. I do have past papers that im going to hand into my teacher to mark but is there anything else i should do to improve my marks?
As for UNI, i am trying to get a bachelor of Civil Engineering in UTS which unfortunately does not give extra atar points as i dont live close to it.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I have found out the only subject that wont have another test is Physics, so I have started back at the first modules to study for trials, as for the rest of the subjects, Business will be a test and economics being an assigment. Whilst we havent recieved a notification for it yet, we do have a good idea of what it is and i have started it. Math and english will also be in class tests.
My sister is able to help me with Math as she did rank high in both extensions but as for physics i am alone for it. I do have past papers that im going to hand into my teacher to mark but is there anything else i should do to improve my marks?
As for UNI, i am trying to get a bachelor of Civil Engineering in UTS which unfortunately does not give extra atar points as i dont live close to it.
Since I did not take Physics myself, I am sadly unable to provide specific advice, although your plan does sound quite promising.

UTS offers adjustment factors based on academic performance, including for the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours). This means that you can have up to 5 points applied to your selection rank if you do well in one or more of your subjects. The good news in your case is that all of your subjects are eligible. You should therefore do your utmost to ensure the highest possible results across your subjects, allowing you to benefit from adjustment factors.

Duskheaven

HSC
UTS definitely gives bonus points. You should be able to get up to 10.

rev668

HSC
So i have done about 2 Tests in each of my subjects and im starting to question my capabilites to even get a 80 atar. My sister is telling me that if i drop out of advanced math then id ruin my HSC due to scaling. My current subjects are: Physics, Advanced math, Standard English, Business studies and Economic. My current results in each are:

Those are my current marks and im wondering if its possible as math and physics are dragging my marks down. I have 1 more test before my trials and i believe for business, Economics and English i should be fine to get above 80% but for math and physics i am unsure. My sister is telling me i can still get a 90 atar as long as i do a drastic change which she can assist me in math but not physics (which even she had dropped) is all up to me as my parents wont allow me any tutoring. Would I still be able to get an 80 atar?

well I mean its not impossible but I had a friend around the same marks as you and they ended up with a 65.8 atar, but I feel like you shouldn't worry about it too much, you are more than just your atar, you can be a billionaire with a 50 atar

HSC

ngl unless u get 100% in your hsc you're bound for a 60-70 atar

axe

HSC

ur doing well ireckon you have a good shots at 75 8tar if you maintain your dilligence

Test-king12

Banned
HSC

Ima Keep it a buck, you are well on track to getting an atar in the mid 60-70s 💯💯💯 Husle on 🐺🖖🏿

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
Can you guys respectfully stfu? It’s so obvious there’s just one person behind these accounts since u guys always pop up together but stop being annoying and going around saying “ the max atar you’re going to get is 70 🤓👆”. Like shut up please and thank you. U guys aren’t funny 💀

katiekms

HSC
Can you guys respectfully stfu? It’s so obvious there’s just one person behind these accounts since u guys always pop up together but stop being annoying and going around saying “ the max atar you’re going to get is 70 🤓👆”. Like shut up please and thank you. U guys aren’t funny 💀
FRR

HSC
im just keeping it a buck with them UNC, also you put the emojis within the quotation marks, please learn proppa grammar before talking to me.

axe

HSC
its not what it looks like 😭

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
im simply keeping it a buck you stupid fuck

Sent on IOS via TelcomAlbania🇦🇱

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
"
English Advanced - Maths Standard 2 :kiss:- Legal Studies - Investigating Science - Visual Arts
" bruv with those subjects there is no good reason for u to be on a study forum, i could band 6 them in my sleep

Sent on WindowsPhone via TelcomAlbania🇦🇱

HSC
No and spell proper right before talking to me
i was simply keeping it a buck but you had to take it too far. may death come to your country and bad tidings for your family

Sent on Asus Zenfone 11 via VillageNet (Subsidiary of McCaw Cellular Communications) Nauru 🇳🇷

Test-king12

Banned
HSC
i was simply keeping it a buck but you had to take it too far. may death come to your country and bad tidings for your family

Sent on Asus Zenfone 11 via VillageNet (Subsidiary of McCaw Cellular Communications) Nauru 🇳🇷
🙌🏿🖖🏿

#WHOWAZINPARIZ

Sent on WindowsPhone via VillageNet (Subsidary of Starlink Corporation) Kosovo 🇽🇰

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)