Can I get 90-95? (1 Viewer)

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
After approximately 40-45% of internal marks being completed, I have rankings of:
At a school ranked 35-45
Advanced English: =90/150 (Low band 5) (Mark of 70%)
Mathematics: =95/115 (Mid band 4) (Mark of 50%)
Business Studies: =4/36 (Band 6)
Modern History =4/45 (Band 6)
Economics 5/26 (High Band 5/Low band 6)
Extension History 2/13 (Only 5% proposal thus far, cant judge).
All marks are quite close at this stage.

I am on course for band 6's in 5-7 out of my 10 units.
If I were able to pull my math mark into band 5 territory which would be an internal rank of 65+ and english into higher band 5 with a similar 65ish rank, would that guarantee me an atar of 93-95ish? And is that possible/likely even after a somewhat dismal performance to start with?
I don't want to drop to general math because of the interesting nature of 2U, the bonus points I get if I do commerce/economics at UNSW as well as having to learn an entire new course.
I find myself really stressing out about my prospects because of those two subjects and I want to know what I have to do to end up where I want to be (that being preferably over 92-93).
Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Am I on track for 98 with what I am currently on? I've approximated around 90ish but I wasn't sure so I came here to ask.
I'd love to get to that stage in English and Math, good band 5's at least. Not sure how possible it is but I'll put the effort in.

Last edited:

Mrkingofstuff

HSC
lol, you are well on your way for a 98+ atar, don't worry.

you have some good results for modern and business, economics and your ranks are good. So I suggest, try to improve your English mark to like 45ish and maths 2u mark to top 50. You will then get maybe even about 95 Atar.

good luck, let me know if that helped you
Am I on track for 98 with what I am currently on? I've approximated around 90ish but I wasn't sure so I came here to ask.
I'd love to get to that stage in English and Math, good band 5's at least. Not sure how possible it is but I'll put the effort in.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
How you going with your other subjects lol,

Last edited:

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
lol, I can tell you exactly what Atar your on, only god knows. but we can estimate your Atar, you around 94 Atar, if you imporve you ranks then it will increase to 98+ possibly.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
lol, How do you currently study for English Advanced and Maths 2u, I find English abit stressful at times?

What tutor would you recommend that is really good for English?

Maths 2u/Ext1 is so easily, I can ace it.

Last edited:

Praer

HSC
Uni Grad
Get your ranks up for english and maths...
Seriously, what's up with ranking in the last few for maths?
Just do well in the external, and YES you can achieve 90-95.
Easily upto 93

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)