Can I get a 90+? HELP PLEASE!

Drama - 82/100
Ext English I - 45/50
Adv English - 88/100
Visual Arts - 90/100
Studies of Rel I - 44/50
Gen Maths - 77/100

I was surprised with maths as I had been getting 50-60's all year :\

I'm disappointed with drama, as I had been coming first in the class all year, and had been getting very high 80s and 90s in the assessments. Anyone know why my score is so low then?

And I know it's a bit usless, but ATAR estimations? I **need** to get an 84 for my course at uni, but I'd like to try and get a bit higher than that just for my own sake. Is that possible? Maybe an 85-87? I think anything in the 90s is out of the question, right? :(
My school is ranked around the 100-120 mark.

Oh, and congratulations to those who did well :)

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Matrix says 85.40. So you should be able to get into the course fine.

Valupatitta

HSC
Re: Can I get a 90+? HELP PLEASE!

SAM says 83.25. so consider ur atar tomorrow be around 83,84,85. =] hopefully u get 90+ tho =]

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Drama - 82/100
Ext English I - 45/50
Adv English - 88/100
Visual Arts - 90/100
Studies of Rel I - 44/50
Gen Maths - 77/100

I was surprised with maths as I had been getting 50-60's all year :\

I'm disappointed with drama, as I had been coming first in the class all year, and had been getting very high 80s and 90s in the assessments. Anyone know why my score is so low then?

And I know it's a bit usless, but ATAR estimations? I **need** to get an 84 for my course at uni, but I'd like to try and get a bit higher than that just for my own sake. Is that possible? Maybe an 85-87? I think anything in the 90s is out of the question, right? :(
My school is ranked around the 100-120 mark.

Oh, and congratulations to those who did well :)
Maybe you got Drama down because of a crappy external assessment. You might get 84, I think just by looking at it - you'll get it barely. But for 90? That's out of the question unfortunately, Drama, Visual Arts, SoR and especially General Maths all scale badly.

School doesn't factor in in the ATAR calculations.

Eddykungfu

HSC

Bit harsh shadow dude since your from western sydney

we all know which fail of a uni you're going to.

adcommo

HSC
N/A

i also had problems with drama scaling....ranked 2nd was getting low to mid 90s marks all year and usually get 19 and 20s /20 for the exam and then my assessment mark scaled down alot and then for some reason that made everything lower....ended up getting 86. wasnt expecting that at all.......can anyone explain why at all??

Eddykungfu

HSC

maybe they thought your school made easy assessments compared to others.

adcommo

HSC
N/A

hmm maybe but its not as if i went really bad in the exam....got 87 for my exam mark and 84 for assess. mark......

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Bit harsh shadow dude since your from western sydney

we all know which fail of a uni you're going to.
Yep because Western Sydney doesnt have the best non-private schools in the state and even country... ;)

I can honestly say that atleast at the school I go to (yes its is in western sydney), nobody serious about university is aiming or planning for UWS and our attitude towards it is much the same as everyone elses. Anyway its not really that bad, UWS is in the top 1000 universities in the world which is quite impressive when you find out how many universities are in USA and UK alone..

Eddykungfu said:
maybe they thought your school made easy assessments compared to others.
You are unfamiliar with the method they use to scale internals, right?

EDIT: Lol if you didnt realise, first sentence i was being sarcastic. Western Sydney has the best non-private schools in the state.

Last edited:

what!

HSC

Yep because Western Sydney doesnt have the best non-private schools in the state and even country... ;)

I can honestly say that atleast at the school I go to (yes its is in western sydney), nobody serious about university is aiming or planning for UWS and our attitude towards it is much the same as everyone elses. Anyway its not really that bad, UWS is in the top 1000 universities in the world which is quite impressive when you find out how many universities are in USA and UK alone..

You are unfamiliar with the method they use to scale internals, right?
actually i think James Ruse and Baulko are in the Greater Western Sydney region, defined by UWS :p

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

actually i think James Ruse and Baulko are in the Greater Western Sydney region, defined by UWS :p
Lol sorry i was being sarcastic xD. I am aware those schools are in Western Sydney, thats why i said it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)