can i get forced to drop a subject? (1 Viewer)

maalaka

HSC
i recently received my preliminary final exam results for chemistry back and they were not great as i failed. im assuming i failed chemistry altogether as i havnt done that great.
im doing 13 units and want to drop one to have 11 for my HSC. i dont want to drop chemistry because i know i can do well in it just haven't put in 100% and been distracted this year. if chemistry is my worst subject can i be told that i have to drop it over a subject of my choice?

madharris

HSC
N/A
they can't force you to drop chemistry

however they are allowed to prevent you from dropping another subject

Lina3

HSC
i recently received my preliminary final exam results for chemistry back and they were not great as i failed. im assuming i failed chemistry altogether as i havnt done that great.
im doing 13 units and want to drop one to have 11 for my HSC. i dont want to drop chemistry because i know i can do well in it just haven't put in 100% and been distracted this year. if chemistry is my worst subject can i be told that i have to drop it over a subject of my choice?
They can 'strongly advise' for you to drop it no, I do not think they can force you.

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
At my school if you badly at a subject in year 11 you are forced to dropped it and take another alternative

atar90plus

01000101=YES! YES! YES!
HSC
Or just dropp that subject and keep the remaining

ellie95

HSC
N/A
At my school they kicked people out of the course if they didn't do well.

pmescotty

HSC
they can't force you to drop chemistry

however they are allowed to prevent you from dropping another subject
+1
just keep the 13 units temporary, and if your marks dnt improve then drop it. I was in your boat last year for physics, i did absolutely zero work in prelim and got 39% for yearlys, and now im equal first overall (85%) at the end of hsc course

unLimitieDx

HSC
They say they'll kick you if you dont get over this mark or whatever. What ends up happening is just a series of conversations which advises you to drop

Rohanco

HSC
Technically it's against the boards rules for teachers to dictate what subjects a student does, but that doesn't always stop them bullying you out of it. However sometimes you have to remember that the teacher knows best, it is their job after all. My head Math teacher bullied me into dropping from 2u to general math at the end of yr11, I hated it at the time, but with my HSC 4 weeks away I now realize it was for the best. If you know you are capable to do well in the subject, prove it to yourself and the teachers, I'm sure if you put the work in you will do well. Goodluck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)