Can I get in B Combined Commerce? (1 Viewer)

Ronaldinho10

HSC
Hi my entrance rank (bonus points + ATAR) is 95.5 and my highest preference is Combined commerce as I am hoping to study it with information systems. I'm unfamiliar with their leniency with cut offs. If it isn't possible/likely is picking up commerce an easy task of I just take up information systems by itself first. Thanks in advance

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Im afriad you won't be getting into commerce.

If you infs first year, and you work hard the 75 transfer is attainable. Also do not do managment in first year, your wam will be destroyed.

photastic

HSC
ON, if I am eligible for 5 hsc plus bonus points and EAS with only 95 atar, can I still get into combined commerce or actuarial studies (no hsc plus)

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes instant in for commerce. And depending on how many eas points you get, then yes to actuarial

Confound

HSC
Challenge yourself and do management in first year

Ronaldinho10

HSC
Okay thanks for the advice. Umm is anyone familiar with the information systems degree, not sure if it is worth doing it separately? I'm also looking a E B business/science in IT at UTS?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
In that case, if you are interested in Science and want to do Science/Commerce, then maybe do Advanced Science in your first semester and transfer into a combined program with Commerce after that?

Otherwise Info Systems is not a bad starting point as I know someone who transferred half way through semester one (by just showing he was doing well in his courses for mid semester exams and assignments and such) and he is now doing Commerce/Information Systems.

Ronaldinho10

HSC
In that case, if you are interested in Science and want to do Science/Commerce, then maybe do Advanced Science in your first semester and transfer into a combined program with Commerce after that?

Otherwise Info Systems is not a bad starting point as I know someone who transferred half way through semester one (by just showing he was doing well in his courses for mid semester exams and assignments and such) and he is now doing Commerce/Information Systems.
Hmm yeah if I do Info Systems I'll most likely be looking for the transfer... I guess hard work will hopefully get me there. Just got an offer for uws law/commerce ABL, so I have a few decisions to make. Was really hoping for the combined commerce though. Thanks for help guys appreciate it

Shots

HSC
N/A
I attained an atar of 91.5 and if u include the 5 bonus points that takes me to 96.5. Will i be able to get into Combined Commerce at UNSW? Last years cut off was 96.3 so from what i think i should just narrowly get in right?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I attained an atar of 91.5 and if u include the 5 bonus points that takes me to 96.5. Will i be able to get into Combined Commerce at UNSW? Last years cut off was 96.3 so from what i think i should just narrowly get in right?
That's a really close call and you should definitely have a few backup plans in place. You don't know the cut-off for main round offers until after offers are given out (so really you have no way of telling as of yet if you will/won't make it in).

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Yes instant in for commerce. And depending on how many eas points you get, then yes to actuarial
This. Remember that actuarial doesn't include subject bonus points so you'll be relying entirely on EAS to get you into actuarial.

That's a really close call and you should definitely have a few backup plans in place. You don't know the cut-off for main round offers until after offers are given out (so really you have no way of telling as of yet if you will/won't make it in).
It has been 96.3 for a long time now, things shouldn't really change but like you said having a back up plan is vital.

Shots

HSC
N/A
I do have a solid backup plan with Mac Uni Applied Finance with Commerce Professional Accounting which i would be happy with but UNSW Combined Commerce is the dream course at the moment. Can someone explain to me if i would be able to get into Commerce at USYD? Im not sure if they take into account bonus points.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Shots, you should be able to get into UNSW. Very unlikely cut-off will change. Also no chance of USYD commerce given they don't do academic bonus points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)