Can I Still Drop A Subject If I Have More Than 10 Units? (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

HSC
hi,

I was just wondering, since I have 14 units altogether, will it still be possible for me to drop a subject even at this late stage of the hsc or will it be too late?

because I was thinking of dropping chem since it's my worst subject (failing) and will definately won't count towards my uai...

thanks.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
as far as i know, yes. Best ask your school to be sure but i dropped chem just before the trials.

runnable

HSC
Its not too late. Check with your school. Dropping your worst subject is probably a good idea.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
You can, but be sure to do it before you sign the BOS subject confirmation letter (if you haven't already done this).

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
If you've signed for the BOS subject confirmation letter, just tank (i.e. dont study for it) the subject you were planning to drop

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
Nasonex said:
If you've signed for the BOS subject confirmation letter, just tank (i.e. dont study for it) the subject you were planning to drop
yeah, doing lol

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
lol I could only wish.. i hate english.. too bad it is compolsary.
compulsory*

moar liek too bad religion is compulsory.

Last edited:

caswell1515

HSC
yea thats a faire point. ur ruining other peoples grades there.

just see ur principle and drop 2 god damn subjects, why do more the necessary?

iEdd

HSC
humglish said:
But if you do that, you'll damage everyone else in your class.
Pretty sure you won't... Not as individuals (see the moderation explanation sticky in the technical forum). You will definitely bring your school average down though.

Road Runner

HSC
Nasonex said:
What is this confirmation letter? I'm not quite sure if I've signed it or not..

Yeah anyways, I'm doing really bad in chem since I haven't studied for it all year. The only reason I kept it was because I wanted a back up subject in case I do really bad in other subjects, but that didn't end up happening. So now i'm stuck with chem.

And yeah, If I can't drop, I definately won't study for it in the hsc and I'll just end up pulling down peoples marks and school average.

So yeah I'm gonna try and ask my teachers if I could still drop it. If they say no, then that's their own fault. If they don't let me drop, I'm gonna drag everyone down and stuff up the school average..

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC
humglish said:
But if you do that, you'll damage everyone else in your class. That's pretty slack.
true, but who gives a &#%# about them.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Road Runner said:
What is this confirmation letter? I'm not quite sure if I've signed it or not..
You'd know if you've signed it. It's a letter from BOS listing all your HSC subjects. It's like an agreement. You look at the subjects, if you agree and don't want to change anything...you sign the letter and that's it. If you don't agree, you take away the subject you don't want and then sign it.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I had already signed mine before I dropped Ancient. I dropped it and you get a new one to sign. Signed the new one last thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)