Can I still get a high band 6? (1 Viewer)

xoselina

HSC
I've just received my marks back for our half yearly for 2U Advanced maths. I got 46/50, which I'm pretty disappointed with since I made several silly mistakes zz. This task brings my total ranking to 11/85ish. I only have the trials next which weighs 40%, and after that is the HSC. My school's ranking is pretty bad, around 200. We usually have around 15 students every year getting a band 6 in 2U.

So I was just wondering whether or not a high band six is still achievable from where Im standing now. I'm in year 11, doing an accelerated course in maths so I really want a 95+ otherwise I will repeat it next year. Please help

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I've just received my marks back for our half yearly for 2U Advanced maths. I got 46/50, which I'm pretty disappointed with since I made several silly mistakes zz. This task brings my total ranking to 11/85ish. I only have the trials next which weighs 40%, and after that is the HSC. My school's ranking is pretty bad, around 200. We usually have around 15 students every year getting a band 6 in 2U.

So I was just wondering whether or not a high band six is still achievable from where Im standing now. I'm in year 11, doing an accelerated course in maths so I really want a 95+ otherwise I will repeat it next year. Ugh! Please help
It is entirely possible for you to get a band 6. Just have a positive attitude and keep up the hard work .

xoselina

HSC
I know I can get a band 6, but what about a high one? 95+? I'm worried that it might be unattainable at this point, I'm not too sure.

madharris

HSC
N/A
I reckon you have a possibility to get 95+
You seem bright at maths, I think you might have to work through it more thoroughly!
When you double check, don't look at your answer and actually redo the question so your new one is not influenced by the old one (if you know what I mean)

Makematics

HSC
You seem bright at maths, I think you might have to work through it more thoroughly!
When you double check, don't look at your answer and actually redo the question so your new one is not influenced by the old one (if you know what I mean)
and also if it's a proof dont bother redoing it unless you have a shitload of time, since you already know you got the answer.

enoilgam

HSC
There is still plenty of time to improve, so I definitely think that it is possible.

xoselina

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys! It's comforting to know that I at least still have a chance. Just gonna try smash the trials and externals, and hope for the best. :chainsaw2:

RishBonjour

HSC
Thanks for the advice guys! It's comforting to know that I at least still have a chance. Just gonna try smash the trials and externals, and hope for the best. :chainsaw2:
calm down buddy, the mark you got isn't half bad. My school had only 2 band 6s in 2u lol (because most 'serious' kids did 4u) and I was second throughout the year until trials (other girl was pretty smart). So you definitely have time, its a fairly simple course, doesn't take long to catch up. I ended up with above 95, so you can too!

great way to check answers.

It is entirely possible for you to get a band 6. Just have a positive attitude and keep up the hard work .
everything you say is so positive. great stuff.

Last edited:

braintic

HSC
N/A
Some stats:

About 17% of the candidature score 90+, about 5% get 95+, and about 1% get 98+.

IamMary

HSC
I did pretty bad in English Advanced- 50/170, my teacher says i will not get a band 6 because it is bad but i want to, is it still possible?

braintic

HSC
N/A
I did pretty bad in English Advanced- 50/170, my teacher says i will not get a band 6 because it is bad but i want to, is it still possible?
About 10% of the candidature get 90+ in advanced English. If you are in a selective school, that ranking might get you in the top 10%. If not, you have some serious improvement to do.

timeslowsdown

Everything for the Lord
HSC
N/A
I got 77% in my first 2U assessment. For the HSC I got 97 - so there's heaps room for improvement! Don't let assessments bring you down! Just do heaps of practice - keep your head up you can do anything! (however corny that sounds - it's true)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)