Can i still get into sydney uni?? (1 Viewer)

akim93

HSC
Does anyone know if health science course is popular??

i got UAI 77 and last year cut off 81
i searched the course again on UAC site and it said 78
so even if it'a 81..can i still get in??

Kittikhun

HSC
Can't you call the university or get into contact with them to verify if you can get in? Several of my sister's friends fell five points short of their required ATAR for their desired course at their university of choice but they called up and have since been assured that a spot will be available for them for their course.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
isn't all that done by the UAC?
No - every university can allocate places to students they wish to do so but to make life easier UAC handles the vast majority of applications but in theory the unis can tell UAC that they wish to enrol a specific student.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
yeah but none of these kids would really fit that criteria, and i doubt a phone call is going make a difference

danz90

HSC
I think I remember that last year there were vacancies in that course after main round of offers. In the late round, the UAI cut-off is kind of weakened.. they tend to make offers to people up to 5 points below the cut-off.

hpdanemma

HSC
Im considering International and Global studies but got an atar of 89.80. With my subjects/marks I can receive 5 bonus points and last year the cutoff was 94.00. Will that be enough to get me in? Or is the course too competitive?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Im considering International and Global studies but got an atar of 89.80. With my subjects/marks I can receive 5 bonus points and last year the cutoff was 94.00. Will that be enough to get me in? Or is the course too competitive?

none of us know you fuckwit

thanks taken though

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
if you got band 5s or 6s in any relevant subjects, you should be able to get 1 or 2 bonus points for each... with a maximum of 5 bonus points i think through the flexible entry scheme

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)