Can I take up courses from other faculties? (1 Viewer)

Pyramid

HSC
Can you take up majors, minors, courses or electives from a faculty that you're not doing a degree in?

-- Say, I do an engineering degree, could I do a French course (from Arts, I guess)? Or a Business minor? Or a Psychology elective? Creative writing?

And if so, would these count toward your official "marks" and are they like extra classes on top of your "degree-relevant" courses, ie. merely extracurriculars?

As stupid as this question might sound, I just want some confirmation :eek: Cheers

Doomah

HSC
most degrees have flexibility for electives. some dont have electives such as dentistry or pharmacy which follow a strict enrollment pattern

witide

HSC
If you're doing engineering, you'll get a few free electives over the years. But not enough to count towards a minor. You'd certainly be able to do take up a few French courses though. And yes, they will count towards your overall marks.

Pyramid

HSC
Thanks guys, I guess I'd have to check individual degrees out...

If anyone's got anything further to say I'd love to hear it :apig:

gleninnes

HSC
I'd love to know if it would be possible to do a course in japanese @ UNSW external to my B Medical Science without the marks counting towards my overall score?

rx34

HSC
I think the diploma is included in your wam. Does it appear on your official transcript?

I am interested in learning German but I rather take casual lessons offered by the university than take the diploma. It's one extra year and requires too much commitment (5 hours a week even during exam period).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)