Can I use a pencil in HSC? Also can I use a blue pen? (1 Viewer)

podwkd

HSC
Pens feel too "slippery" for me to write with, while I feel like a pencil has the perfect (or rather adapted) friction for me to write with. All my trials have comments about near-illegible handwriting, and recently I'm convinced it's because of using pens. I used a pencil for my chemistry trial and that's the only trial I got no handwriting-related comments with. Not only that but I weirdly write faster with a pencil than pen.

I just hate using pens to write in general and wanted to use pencil in the real HSC. Any issue with that? I'm more afraid of HSC markers not being able to read pencil on their marking screens, or them not accepting pencil-written exams at all.

Also can I use a blue pen in the HSC? I bought a ton of blue-ink months ago and I don't want to replace it with black-ink right now.

Last edited:

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
Pens feel too "slippery" for me to write with, while I feel like a pencil has the perfect (or rather adapted) friction for me to write with. All my trials have comments about near-illegible handwriting, and recently I'm convinced it's because of using pens. I used a pencil for my chemistry trial and that's the only trial I got no handwriting-related comments with. Not only that but I weirdly write faster with a pencil than pen.

I just hate using pens to write in general and wanted to use pencil in the real HSC. Any issue with that? I'm more afraid of HSC markers not being able to read pencil on their marking screens, or them not accepting pencil-written exams at all.
Most likely they won't be accepted, if I recall correctly most of the HSC papers if not all have 'Write using black pen' on the front page

carrotsss

HSC
I recommend trying different pens and seeing if any of them work better.

Vall

HSC
I’m pretty sure the main reason for the black pen mandate is that it scans best. So if you’re set on use pencil at least using a dark type.

contro3ler

HSC
In what way do you like the feeling of writing with a pencil? A reddit thread( https://www.reddit.com/r/pens/comments/2bdfz9 ) has some options that you may want to consider. I like art, and I have a lot of pilot hi tec c pens (I'm pretty sure they have a different name here) that I ordered off ebay for art. They are expensive (comparatively), but are the best pens for art, and I use them for writing too.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
I’m pretty sure the main reason for the black pen mandate is that it scans best. So if you’re set on use pencil at least using a dark type.
From my knowledge I think this is correct - you can use pencil but you run the risk of it not scanning properly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)