Can I use Advanced SET TEXTS as related texts in standard? (1 Viewer)

Catastrophe

HSC
i'm using 'The brave new world' as a related text in Module C: ways of living. Some of my teachers said I shouldn't use adv. set texts as related....while some say it's ok.

But i really don't see why we can't use adv. set texts as related...it's not part of our course since we don't even study that in any of our electives.

btw, what's the author of the novel? me too lazy to look up^^

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
it's possible, although you are strongly discouraged from doing so.

note that markers do not know what other modules you study. they may also be SICK of reading about bnw.... :p

Catastrophe

HSC
but Brave new world is not any part of standard set texts....i already got 1 related: the last samurai. but ways of living topic requires 2....so other than bnw, what can i use :(

Gemstone

Yeah you can use advanced texts. Why on earth wouldn't you be able to. It kindda limits the texts you can use if they say you can't use any texts prescribed for any level of English. My Brother is using 1984 for institutions and that's a 3 unit text I think. Oh and don't count on it only being 2 texts they can ask for 3 but your best of having some back up in case they don't fit the question.

Gemma

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)