Can Man Utd catch Chelsea in the Premiership? (1 Viewer)

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
2sense said:
Manchester United can definitely catch up to Chelsea. Everyone says they are not as good as they use to be and Alex Ferguson is past it. They seem to forget about the FA cup semi last year defeating league leaders Arsenal. The Media seems to be against Manchester United.
Yeah, they're fairly ABU - "Anything But United".

matt#1

HSC
N/A
I think that the outcome of tonight's Chelsea v Everton match will prove to be pretty important in determining whether Man Utd may catch Chelsea....because if Chelsea win this one, I cant see them losing their many easier games coming up.

*fingers crossed that Everton do manage to get at least a draw with Chelsea tonight*

ryan11

Dazedconfused
HSC
matt#1 said:
I think that the outcome of tonight's Chelsea v Everton match will prove to be pretty important in determining whether Man Utd may catch Chelsea....because if Chelsea win this one, I cant see them losing their many easier games coming up.

*fingers crossed that Everton do manage to get at least a draw with Chelsea tonight*
0-1 to Chelsea. 12 points clear at the top of the table, and it's basically theirs if United lose or draw tomorrow. Everton were at their usual defensive best, not giving anything until Gudjohnsen's goal.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
ryan11 said:
0-1 to Chelsea. 12 points clear at the top of the table, and it's basically theirs if United lose or draw tomorrow. Everton were at their usual defensive best, not giving anything until Gudjohnsen's goal.
I think that the title is all but lost for Man Utd now...even though I dont like to admit it. James Beattie is such an idiot for headbutting Gallas and getting sent off in the 8th minute.

firehose

HSC
Didn't see any highlights of the game but can't say that i'm complaining :p

^___^
HSC
hahahaha
beattie's headbutt was funny

he was running behind gallas and all of a sudden he just bump his head into back of gallas'

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
matt#1 said:
I agree....Ronaldo and Giggsy have been using it to awesome effect lately. I think it is so affective becuase the defence have to constantly deal with different players and different situations.
You mean Duff and Robben. ;)

As to the original post, the answer is NO. Noone is going to catch Chelsea. Chelsea have won the Premier League! As for your concerns about the quad... don't worry. Treble is about the best Chelsea could hope for.

1) Chelsea
2) Man Utd
3) Arsenal
4/5) Everton/Liverpool

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
chelski will breeze home easily, and they will only get caught if all their defenders get injured. the most interesting battle is for 4th place and i hope like hell everton get there before the reds.

Crazy Horse

HSC
blackfriday said:
chelski will breeze home easily, and they will only get caught if all their defenders get injured. the most interesting battle is for 4th place and i hope like hell everton get there before the reds.
No way! I really hope we can move to 4th - If we don't i'm going to be so annoyed and cut.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
No way! I really hope we can move to 4th - If we don't i'm going to be so annoyed and cut.
You should be very prepared to be annoyed and cut.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
everton has still got a game each to arsenal and man utd, while liverpool only has to play arsenal, and as long as liverpool beat everton in their game they have a realistic chance to bridge the 5 pts.... also while both everton and liverpool are both losing... 'borough has been sneaking up, and with a pretty easy schedule it'd be funny if they leap frog them both.

Crazy Horse

HSC
LMF^^ said:
You should be very prepared to be annoyed and cut.
I think not! considering this thread is questioning whether Man U can catch Chelsea and people are saying that theres a chance even with the big gap i dont see why Liverpool cant catch Everton;)

Constip8edSkunk said:
everton has still got a game each to arsenal and man utd, while liverpool only has to play arsenal, and as long as liverpool beat everton in their game they have a realistic chance to bridge the 5 pts.... also while both everton and liverpool are both losing... 'borough has been sneaking up, and with a pretty easy schedule it'd be funny if they leap frog them both.
In a way i would much prefer Boro to come 4th then Everton!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
liverpool.... :eek:

they're gonna make me cry...AGAIN...im so loyal n they dont show me the consistency....hurts 2 the heart...

RUB!X

Bergkamp 10
HSC
no1's catching chelsea this season

matt#1

HSC
N/A
RUB!X said:
no1's catching chelsea this season
Yeah, as much as I hate admitting it... I don't give Man Utd much of a chance now either.

But i'm over the Premier League now and want Barca to smash Chelsea out of the Champions League. If Liverpool could beat them in the Carling Cup final that would be nice too :p .

I still hold some hope that Man Utd will win a trophy this season though, and because AC Milan will be such a tough challenge in the Champions League...i hope we at least win the FA Cup again.

ZabZu

HSC
Alwayz Diana said:
In a way i would much prefer Boro to come 4th then Everton!
Everton deserve 4th spot though. They have been consistent all season as they have kept their spot in the top four for basically the entire season.

I thought that Liverpool would get 4th but at the moment they just aren't playing good enough. The reds are very lucky that Middlesborough could only get a point from their game with Bolton, otherwise both Liverpool and Middlesborough would be on equal points.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Alwayz Diana said:
I think not! considering this thread is questioning whether Man U can catch Chelsea and people are saying that theres a chance even with the big gap i dont see why Liverpool cant catch Everton;)
Man Utd>Liverpool ;)

Crazy Horse

HSC
matt#1 said:
But i'm over the Premier League now and want Barca to smash Chelsea out of the Champions League. If Liverpool could beat them in the Carling Cup final that would be nice too :p .
I hope Barca smash Chelsea too and i sure hope we beat them in the Carling Cup. It might not be all that but its still something - so keep your fingers crossed for Liverpool on the 27th!!:uhhuh:

ZabZu said:
Everton deserve 4th spot though. They have been consistent all season as they have kept their spot in the top four for basically the entire season.
Thats true and i acknowledge that Everton have been doing well and deserve it but i still don't want them to stay in 4th - Everton are my most hated team...

LMF^^ said:
Man Utd>Liverpool ;)
LOL!!:D I knew someone was going to do that - i was just wondering which smart aleck was going to do it! All i have to say is things are going to change next season - mark my words!;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)