Can somebody please help me out?? (1 Viewer)

rusty_rouge

HSC
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if someone could give me a hand in predicting my UAI with my half-yearly report marks:

Advanced English: 100% - 1/111
Biology - 88% - 2/47 (by one mark - grr)
Modern History - 97% - 1/41
Extension English - 92% - 1/12
Music 2 - 88% - 2/2 (by one mark - again!)
2Unit Maths - 79% - 6/64

Thankyou SO much in advance!! You rock! If I had chocolate, I would offer you some!

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
rusty_rouge said:
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if someone could give me a hand in predicting my UAI with my half-yearly report marks:

Advanced English: 100% - 1/111
Biology - 88% - 2/47 (by one mark - grr)
Modern History - 97% - 1/41
Extension English - 92% - 1/12
Music 2 - 88% - 2/2 (by one mark - again!)
2Unit Maths - 79% - 6/64

Thankyou SO much in advance!! You rock! If I had chocolate, I would offer you some!
judging by ur ranks/marks... ur well up there in the 90's easily...

more specifically 96+ It also depends on the standard of ur school.. and the exams/assessments they give...

physician

HSC
i just punched them into SAM and ur well above 96...

2003 UAI = 97.60
2002 UAI = 98.45
2001 UAI = 98.25

rusty_rouge

HSC
Thanks!

I did the SAM thing, but I didn't know if it was right - coz it seems really high - and isn't it really hard to get that??

I'm at a co-ed government school in South West Sydney...does that have anything to do with it?

I'm not sure of the standards of assessments except for maths, which are a lot harder than the Past HSC Papers I practice on.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
you cant really tell, cos ur marks are from ur school assesments which are of different difficulty from exams from other schools etc and from the hsc. Just try your best and see what you get :)

rusty_rouge

HSC
Ta, fakingtheday - wish I could have passed some of the marks onto my maths...
You an english or maths mind??

physician

HSC
rusty_rouge said:
Ta, fakingtheday - wish I could have passed some of the marks onto my maths...
You an english or maths mind??

how about we swap minds... i take urs for english.. u take mine for maths...
hmm but i think ur english is way too high for a fair exchange....

how do ppl get 100 in english??????

rusty_rouge

HSC
Was that a rhetorical question, or you want real advice??

Know your text reasonably well, but focus only on the parts you know you're going to use. Example, for King Lear - know the two/three themes you'll talk about, and all their techniques/examples/quotes. That's it. The hardest part is remembering.

Oh, and it also helps if you read a lot - improves your vocab, fluency etc etc.

But I'm not sure exactly why I get full marks in our assessments?? Not to sound boastful or anything, but I'm the only one, and I don't want this to get my hopes up if I'm not that good in the HSC Exam.

physician

HSC
hmm i think it was a bit of both...

but seriously like i highly doubt anyone actually gets a raw mark of 100 in english HSC... it probably gets scaled that high as a ranking...

for example in maths... ok... u can get 100 because there's an exact answer to every question... but english is a completely different story... but then again some schools give u 100 either because u truly achieved it or because it was the best in the grade therefore they have their own scaling system where the best gets scaled to 100... don't take me wrong lol... i'm speaking in general .. i believe u dsreved that 100... ... but to me english has always been the impossible subject.... (i hate subjects with no direct answer)... which is why i chose to take up science and maths subjects... although i do regret not choosing history instead of chem .. oh well...

but anyways... well done for getting those marks... i seriously look up to anyone who gets 90+ in the HSC for english... even though i do E.E.2 i've never actually obtained a mark in the 90's either for advanced or extensin 1 although i did get 1 90 for E.E.2....

anyways... keep up the good work.... oh yeh and maybe i should do some reading... the only novels/stories i ever read are set texts in school... thats about it.. although i do love reading scientific/religious/ historical books... oh well...

best of luck

rusty_rouge

HSC
hehe - who says there is no exact/perfect mark in english, huh? Thanks for the encouragement - you do ext 2? God, I could never do that...too bloody creative for me!

And yeah - reading emma and king lear do not count!! Nobody reads these days! It's more relaxing than music - and that's saying something...like fantasy at all? Those books rock...

:)

physician

HSC
rusty_rouge said:
hehe - who says there is no exact/perfect mark in english, huh? Thanks for the encouragement - you do ext 2? God, I could never do that...too bloody creative for me!

And yeah - reading emma and king lear do not count!! Nobody reads these days! It's more relaxing than music - and that's saying something...like fantasy at all? Those books rock...

:)
nop lol....

only books from which i can actually learn some facts about things in life .... whether it be the beauty of honey and the journey of a bee... or the wise tactics a just ruler used to conquer an army 100 times as big as his own....

actually alot of people do read these days... just not everyone enjoys the same type of reading... or the same material... personally i would never pick up and read a book as a form of entertainment.... i read when i sincerly want to gain knowledge... (i'm not saying u don't learn from novels/stories etc...)... however that's just me and my perosnal beliefs....

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)