Can Someone Clarify this email for me? (1 Viewer)

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Dear ********

inpUTS Educational Access Scheme

Thank you for your Educational Access Scheme (EAS) application for admission to the University of Technology, Sydney.

I am pleased to advise you that your application has been successful and that you are eligible to participate in the inpUTS scheme. The inpUTS scheme is the UTS Educational Access Scheme.

It is important to understand that this letter does not constitute an offer of enrolment.

You will receive notification about your application for university admission from the Universities Admission Centre (UAC) on Wednesday 21st January 2009.

How does inpUTS work?

Ten per cent of places in each UTS course are set aside for inpUTS students. You will receive a concession of up to ten UAI points. This means that you may be able to get into a course if your UAI is between 0-10 UAI points below the standard course cut-off. For example if the standard course cut-off is 93 and your UAI is 88 (no less than 10 points below) you will be considered for an inpUTS place. However this is not a guarantee that you will get a place as you still have to compete with other eligible students on the basis of your UAI. If a student received a UAI of 90 in the above example they would be allocated a place first and then the student with a UAI of 88 and so on, until the allocated places were filled.

HSC Bonus Points Scheme

UTS also has a HSC Bonus Points Scheme, see UTS: HSC Bonus Scheme - University of Technology, Sydney. If you are eligible for HSC bonus points, the points will be added to your UAI giving you an adjusted entry score. The 10 UAI concession for inpUTS eligible applicants will then apply to this adjusted entry score.

Applicants with disabilities

If you have a disability or an ongoing medical condition which may affect your studies, you are encouraged to contact the UTS Special Needs Service to discuss the access and support which would be available to you if you receive an offer from UTS. The Special Needs Service can be contacted by calling 9514 1177, or TTY 9514 1164.

Regards,

Sophie Andreadis
UTS Equity and Diversity Unit

For further information regarding your eligibility for the inpUTS scheme see the inpUTS website page http://www.equity.uts.edu.au/education/getting/inp_uts/index.html#8

What does it mean in General????

Roga

HSC
At what time did you get this email?

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
yesterday, during midday --> just wanna know wat it means?

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
means you're eligible for EAS at UTS.

did you actually fill out the EAS? i didn't and still got one from Maq U.

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
so does this mean im guaranteed of up to 1-10 bonus pts from UTS?

cxlxoxk

HSC
nah this is what it means, you have ur uai right???

if you do a course that you get a few bonus points in, from bonus points scheme, you add those points to ur uai...you also have InpUTS, that means you get an additional 10 added to that...so you have like 11-15 bonus points, in addition to ur uai.

if you don't do a course that has bonus points from bonus points scheme you get 10 bonus points added.

lucky!!!!

cxlxoxk

HSC
erm said:
do you lack basic comprehension?
nah it means he cant be bothered to read, after reading all year for the hsc!

i did a "can someone clarify this email" thread too, for a different email.

---

i'm just wondering, i have UTS as first preference, but i never got this email saying i got InpUTS from EAS, although my subject doesn't have bonus points from the seperate, Bonus Points Scheme.

Last edited:

Superbogh

HSC
As far as i can tell, if you go to a 'disadvantaged' school (the criteria for which, i dont know) you are eligible to become and inputs student.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)