Can someone help me with these chemistry questions (1 Viewer)

sunshine_c22

HSC
N/A
Hi,
I am stuck with these questions and i'm not getting the answer can someone please provide me with the answer + explanation
1684318709381.png
1684318770152.png

carrotsss

HSC
5. It will not shift as there are equal moles of gas on each side. This means that favouring either side would be pointless, as neither shift would decrease the pressure.

6. Try to do this question yourself. Remember that Keq=[products]/[reactants], and if there’s a two/three in front of something then you have to square/cube its concentration for Keq

7. Same as question 6, give it a go yourself, it should be pretty simple. The equation for Qc is identical to the equation for Keq, and you’ve been given all of the concentrations so you just have to sub into equations

8. For this question, set up your equation for Kc e.g. Kc=[CH3OH][CO]/[CH3COOH], then sub in your values for the concentrations you’ve been given and for Kc. If you rearrange the equation, you’ll be able to find [CH3COOH]

9. Draw a RICE table, where cis-but-2-ene has an initial concentration of 1 and trans-but-2-ene has an initial concentration of 0. Then, there’s a change in concentration of s for both into equilibrium (1:1 ratio). If you sub these equations (1-s and s) into Kc you should be able to solve for s, which is your answer

sunshine_c22

HSC
N/A
5. It will not shift as there are equal moles of gas on each side. This means that favouring either side would be pointless, as neither shift would decrease the pressure.

6. Try to do this question yourself. Remember that Keq=[products]/[reactants], and if there’s a two/three in front of something then you have to square/cube its concentration for Keq

7. Same as question 6, give it a go yourself, it should be pretty simple. The equation for Qc is identical to the equation for Keq, and you’ve been given all of the concentrations so you just have to sub into equations

8. For this question, set up your equation for Kc e.g. Kc=[CH3OH][CO]/[CH3COOH], then sub in your values for the concentrations you’ve been given and for Kc. If you rearrange the equation, you’ll be able to find [CH3COOH]

9. Draw a RICE table, where cis-but-2-ene has an initial concentration of 1 and trans-but-2-ene has an initial concentration of 0. Then, there’s a change in concentration of s for both into equilibrium (1:1 ratio). If you sub these equations (1-s and s) into Kc you should be able to solve for s, which is your answer
I've tried! But I'm literally not getting the answers :(

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
I've tried! But I'm literally not getting the answers
Do they provide the answers to questions 6 & 7? @carrotsss has provided you with the correct approach, so if you provide their answers, we can determine if the textbook might be wrong (happens not uncommonly) and possibly reverse engineer from the answer.

sunshine_c22

HSC
N/A
Do they provide the answers to questions 6 & 7? @carrotsss has provided you with the correct approach, so if you provide their answers, we can determine if the textbook might be wrong (happens not uncommonly) and possibly reverse engineer from the answer.
It's a quiz, and it doesn't tell me the answers, it only says its wrong

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
I’m not sure what they are trying to test with question 5.
carrotsss is correct about pressure per se not affecting the equilibrium when there are equal moles of gases on each side, but then the question mentions that the (forward) reaction is exothermic, so I don’t know if they are trying to test knowledge that pressure is proportional to temperature and therefore by heating the system, you’d favour the endothermic direction (ie. to the left).

sunshine_c22

HSC
N/A

Is the answer for question 6 = 0.39
Question 7 = 0.91
Question 8= 0.94
I still can't figure out question 9

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Is the answer for question 6 = 0.39
Question 7 = 0.91
Question 8= 0.94
I still can't figure out question 9
We agree on the answers to Q6 and Q8.

I get 1.52 as the answer to Q7.

Last edited:

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
For Q9,

K = [product] / [reactant]
= [trans] / [cis]
0.17 = [trans] / 1
[trans] = 0.17 M

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)