Can Somone plz help me with this!!!! (1 Viewer)

Adequate

HSC
does anyone know how composers of (ivory trail,the road not taken and the wind

in the willow) communicate their message through out the text??

i need to explain how they do it but i have nu idea about this question T_T

plz help me

shez woz

HSC
i didnt study any of the texts.
but as far as i know just write about the techniques. thats all the questions really means.

HSC
the ivory trail uses vectors to show the type of journey which shows the importatnt parts of the story

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Hello adequate. :)

Just making sure, but you only need to study 1 of the 7 texts in the stimulus booklet. In other words 1 text is adequate (pun intended :p)
The only one i've done is wind in the willows so here's what i know of it:

* it is an allegorical piece

* technique- anthropomorphism-> to behave and speak as humans.

* Toad's latest desire is for travel. He already has his caravan ready and is a character of determination and conviction.

* technique- hyperbole-> "I want to show you the world." - Toad, who exaggerates anything that he can possibly offer them with a gypsy caravan.

* the text's purpose is to narrate or tell a story, as well as to teach us to broaden our horizons and entertain the audience.

* persuasive tone (by Toad)
At the start the text is in an excited one, to sell the idea of journey. Tone then switches to a more gentle tone because he is trying to be persuasive in another way and becoming intimate and gentle while attempting this. He changes tone because his excited persuasive tone doesn't work.

* theme- the excitement of planning a physical journey, breaking through your comfort zone to experience more.

*style- it is a prose extract, allegorical text type as stated previously.

* language- colloquial, conversational e.g "that stiff and sniffy sought of way" and "planned 'em all myself!"

* audience: children's book, originally for British culture.

* imagery- in the listing of the items.

* some more techniques:

- Toad uses 2nd person to speak directly to them and pushes them to see what he wants them to see, to impose his view on them.

- He also uses 1st person to include them in his view, the effect to create unity amongst themselves.

- Characterisation- the way a character's personality is shown. Toad is rich and arrogant.

- Dramatic irony: Toad says "I can't possibly manage without you" But the audience knows that this isn't true.

- Rhetorical question: used by toad to manipulate rat's view of the journey.

- Linguistic irony: "I'm going to make an animal out of you" - Toad, it means to be more adventurous.

Well, as you can see, i have thoroughly analysed the text, and this is pretty much all i know of the wind in the willows, i hope it helps you out. :)

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
shez woz said:
i didnt study any of the texts.
but as far as i know just write about the techniques. thats all the questions really means.
Be careful here. Study 3 stimulus texts thouroughly. The BOS can and will ask you to write about any stimulus text in that booklet if they want to!!! Know your stuff!

bobby2004

Management
HSC
N/A
First of all read the text at 3 seperate sittings

after that- look for techniques at 3 seperate sittings

after that re read and read, finding links between techniques and the journey of the text. Make the link. This is where you have found the composer's message. Convey his message to your marker in your own words. Hope this helps. Good luck. :)

Adequate said:
does anyone know how composers of (ivory trail,the road not taken and the wind

in the willow) communicate their message through out the text??

i need to explain how they do it but i have nu idea about this question T_T

plz help me

mattlaidely

HSC
Riviet said:
Just making sure, but you only need to study 1 of the 7 texts in the stimulus booklet. In other words 1 text is adequate (pun intended :p)
We were told that any of the texts in the booklet can be referred to specifically in the final exam and that a basic understanding of each is recommended while an in depth analysis is required of 2-3 so that you can reference the one that most relates to the specific question.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
mattlaidely said:
We were told that any of the texts in the booklet can be referred to specifically in the final exam and that a basic understanding of each is recommended while an in depth analysis is required of 2-3 so that you can reference the one that most relates to the specific question.
Yep, that's also what I'm doing. We also do a few texts of our specific journey and pick one that we want to use for paper 1.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
bobby2004 said:
Be careful here. Study 3 stimulus texts thouroughly. The BOS can and will ask you to write about any stimulus text in that booklet if they want to!!! Know your stuff!
mattlaidely said:
Actually, this is incorrect - the Board of Studies has clearly stated that it is a stimulus text of your own choosing on their site, and on the HSC helpline as well. It's also explained in the sticky that is right here. However for your school assessments, teachers can obviously specify whatever they want - even the entire booklet if they so choose, however the HSC itself will not specify a stimulus text. It may be in their power to ask for more than one, however it is extremely unlikely.

chooky_girl26

Lyshiez
HSC
Uni Grad
ok so u have to read through each text..... and look for key things that indicate a journey ..... eg in the ivory trail they use the use of the sun setting to show movement of time....if u look at the sand they are wind swept also representing a journey look at the title.... how are the words formed.... look at the sizes of each word.... then look at what it is seen at.... trail is another wordfor journey.... take that into account
what do u think the journeyis about by looking at the picture? what isthe feeling of the journey conveyed?? look at the colours used... what are the colours usually associated with etc etc

just ideas to get u started

do the same for the other texts... look at each individual sentence and word and how each convey a journey.... lookat the stylistic features.... words used.... punctuation... as all of this will convey the meaning of the journey

hopethat helped a little

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)