katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
My teacher (who was a hsc marker) told us that no matter what they have to include imaginative for mod c. so it could be imaginative by itself, imaginative + discursive, or all of them. but it always HAD to include imaginative.

now i had someone tell me that they’re allowed to ask specifically for discursive, forcing you to only do that option. surely this isn’t true? please say it’s not… i really don’t want to do discursive.

thank you

Whatmathsdoineed

HSC
they can specify whatever they want, I’m not sure how your teacher as a HSC marker would even know this for sure lol, otherwise every single teacher in the entire state would be telling all of their kids to not worry about discursive

liamkk112

HSC
My teacher (who was a hsc marker) told us that no matter what they have to include imaginative for mod c. so it could be imaginative by itself, imaginative + discursive, or all of them. but it always HAD to include imaginative.

now i had someone tell me that they’re allowed to ask specifically for discursive, forcing you to only do that option. surely this isn’t true? please say it’s not… i really don’t want to do discursive.

thank you

Section III: Module C (20 marks)

There will be one question.

The question may contain up to two parts.

The question will require an imaginative, discursive, persuasive, informative or reflective response.

The question may require students to reflect on one or more of their prescribed texts.

This question may include a stimulus and/or unseen texts.

so yea they technically could

Armon

HSC

thank you
They've always had an option for imaginative, but they dont necessarily need to. They could force persuasive or discursive, but theyre unlikely to because most kids would barely get any marks haha

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
thanks everyone! what i’m hearing is they technically could ask for just discursive, but are unlikely to and never have before. itd probably be best to prepare for discursive, but i suck at it so im probably just gonna hope they don’t change anything this year :lol:

Armon

HSC
thanks everyone! what i’m hearing is they technically could ask for just discursive, but are unlikely to and never have before. itd probably be best to prepare for discursive, but i suck at it so im probably just gonna hope they don’t change anything this year :lol:
Its best to prepare a discursive irrespective because you're going to be given a prompt and its nice to have two texts as it doubles the odds that one of them can have a strong link to the prompt. I had a discursive and creative prepared and ended up writing my discursive because I couldn't see a clear link to my creative 🤷‍♂️

rubypinky:)

HSC
what are some good discursive plans to have? whats a good idea that I should write it about.

carrotsss

HSC
what I was told was they’d pretty much never do it because most of the discursives/persuasives they get are so bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)