Can we change classes/timetable after we have enrolled? (1 Viewer)

Axiom

HSC
N/A
I am just doing the 'enrollment' stage on myUNSW. But am concerned that in the future I might want to change up classes (to streamline with friends, etc)....so should I put off enrollment until just before the due date? Or is there an opportunity to make changes? Thanks.

sunny

meh.
HSC
After you've enrolled you can change your classes up till the census date. Theres different dates to drop courses with/without academic penalty and with/without financial penalty. See the academic calendar.

HSC
You can vary your enrolment any time until the first week of Semester 1. I would recommend finishing your enrolment now, that way you won't miss out on the better class times, and you can still drop and move classes later if you want.

To change your enrolment later on, log in to myUNSW, then click My Student Profile (top bar) --> Vary Enrolment (middle of the page), and you'll be given the option to add or drop classes.

Axiom

HSC
N/A
Thanks for that.

Also, am I enrolling for the entire 'stage' (i.e first year)? Or just the first semester?( If so do I just pick whatever classes I want to do in the first sems?

henry08

HSC
N/A
So if under 'My Enrollement' for teaching period 1 I have my 4 subjects I am now fully enroleld?

henry08

HSC
N/A
If you're a new student, once you get to the end of that super long checklist in myUNSW.

If you're talking about just courses - as long as you've enrolled in the required courses for Session 1, you're set.

Just remember payment dates if you're paying upfront and not putting it on HECs.
First Semester payment has to be done by end of March, correct?

henry08

HSC
N/A
So is civil engineerign come under "Census Date for T1 and T1A "?

henry08

HSC
N/A
Thats what I thought, just wanted to confirm thanks.

iol

HSC
I have a similar situation... I've already enrolled in all my classes and have a timetable no free days. However I'm thinking about changing it so I have Tuesdays off (for a job maybe) - if I drop a course from my enrolled list will I be penalised? What's the go with terms: U1B, T1 and T1A?

Cheers

davidyin92

HSC
is it also possible to change our form of payment before this census date?

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
yes.

payment methods can be changed as much as you want, as long as it's before the financial census date.

classes can be rearranged/enrolled as much as you want, as long as it's before the academic census date.
also know that the academic census date is the deadline for dropping a course without having to pay for it, whereas the financial census date means you can drop the course, but you still have to pay for it (if you're going bad and you think you'll fail, you wont get a fail on your transcript if you drop it before the financial census date, BUT you'll still have to pay for it).

Last edited:

robb3d

HSC
I am just doing the 'enrollment' stage on myUNSW. But am concerned that in the future I might want to change up classes (to streamline with friends, etc)....so should I put off enrollment until just before the due date? Or is there an opportunity to make changes? Thanks.

Lectures: it's rare that lecturers will kick out students not enrolled in that stream of lectures - but I've heard of ACCT1501 last year when they did it (or tried)

Tutorials: You can try asking course coordinator / head lecturers to change tutorials after the enrolment date ends.

Lydia_88

HSC
I have a similar situation... I've already enrolled in all my classes and have a timetable no free days. However I'm thinking about changing it so I have Tuesdays off (for a job maybe)

Cheers
you can change it now up until week 1 of semester, then they stop enrollemnt after that.

Lydia_88

HSC
Lectures: it's rare that lecturers will kick out students not enrolled in that stream of lectures - but I've heard of ACCT1501 last year when they did it (or tried)
They did that in a upper year pharmacology course (if you didn't pass physiology 1A)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)