can we combine with another degree in the second year (1 Viewer)

friend177

HSC
cause i didnt get a high enough atar for engineering/commerce, i was wondering whether by just doing engineering the first year, is it possible and easy to combine it with commerce the second year

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
Yes, it's possible. You can do a transfer and get into eng/comm in the second year. As for the difficulty, it's not that hard. You just need to make sure you keep up to date with your study and such

D94

HSC
N/A
Yeah i failed. Let me check out the site.

(you can also call USyd up if you can't find a definitive answer)

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Here we go: http://sydney.edu.au/current_students/student_administration/admissions/changing_courses.shtml Obviously the dates and years are for this year, but the general info is there.

What is the basis on which I compete for admission ?
If you entered the University from school in NSW, you will know that your ATAR score was most likely the major determinant in gaining a place in your course. Once you commence tertiary study, your performance at university also becomes a factor in determining your eligibility. Many university students applying to change courses are doing so because they were unable to enter their first choice course directly from school. If you undertake a full-time year (or more) of study in a bachelor degree course, your unit-of-study results will largely determine your chances of gaining admission into other bachelor degree courses at the University of Sydney.
ie. perform well in the first year to give you a good chance of a transfer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)