• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

can we use rpg's for supp text (1 Viewer)

knighte

HSC
just wondering whether we are allowed to use rpg's for our supplementary text, for example one of the final fantasy's perhaps.. because the main character does go on a journey and changes and we learn from it as well. It's basically an interactive novel or movie.

does anyone know if we are allowed to?

MingGe

HSC
Using rpg would be funni. You should try it and see what mark you get. Good=use it
Bad=forget about it. ITs over

Cassi_Lynne

HSC
Great idea. But don't do it.

It's much like my friend's idea to use Scooby-Doo in Ext One Crime Fic. Good idea, but a fast track to bad marks.

-Cassi

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
It's a good idea, but I'd be wary of it unless I completed the game a few times and had a full script on hand(some of those are on www.gamefaqs.com). Also take as many notes on the sound track as you can as it'll be hell trying to produce anything coherent on the camera angles.

It'd probably be easier all around for you if you chose another text type though - less work, but it is certainly allowed and there is no docking of marks or any such silliness for using it.

Cassi_Lynne said:
It's much like my friend's idea to use Scooby-Doo in Ext One Crime Fic. Good idea, but a fast track to bad marks.
There's nothing wrong with using Scooby-Doo for crime fiction either.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you analyse one of them well, it will be worth the effort. Have a go at looking for techniques and references to journey and see how you go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)