Can you do 5 units of history..... (1 Viewer)

hobbsy-gal

HSC
Can you do five units of history for the HSC...?
is it possible....is it allowed
????

morganforrest

HSC
You sure can....ancient history and modern history for prelim then pick up extension history for the hsc....i have a friend who is doing 5 units of history, 4 units of english and 2 units of german....3 guesses what she's going to study at uni...lol

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I would have love to do 5U in my HSC year, but stupid lines forced me to choose other subjects :(

xoxo

HSC
yep definitely
there are 2 people in my year doing that exact thing

lala2

Banned
HSC
Ever the English and maths enthusiast you are, Lotto! ;) how's med treating you? You should be back from your session break, yes?

As for the actual question--very, very possible. Several people do it every year at our school. I sympathesise (sp?--been writing sympathetic and parasympathetic system way too much) with your situation Kujah--and extension units can be pretty hard to timetable too.

Martyno1

oh hi
HSC
morganforrest said:
You sure can....ancient history and modern history for prelim then pick up extension history for the hsc....i have a friend who is doing 5 units of history, 4 units of english and 2 units of german....3 guesses what she's going to study at uni...lol
medicine? :p

morganforrest

HSC
mmm thats the only problem...extension history is timetabled outside school hours at my school....and its a distance ed subject

HSC
N/A
morganforrest said:
German history! /obvious

Is there a limit on science units?

HSC
N/A
It's not as if you'd want to exceed that though.. Actually technically heaps of things which are sciences don't count as such. Agriculture, maths.. (or I'd have about 10 units of sciences by next year. =P)

steban

violin dude
HSC
morganforrest said:
....i have a friend who is doing 5 units of history, 4 units of english and 2 units of german....3 guesses what she's going to study at uni...lol
5U histroy
4U english
2U german.........

only 3 subjects, i remember reading sumwhere from BOS that you need at least 4 subjects..(or are ancient and modern different..)

...how does that work...?

cl3nta

HSC
A person in my school does
5unit history
4unit english
2unit eco (he's not too happy with eco because his maths lets him down)

Zephyrio

HSC
Sure you can do five units of history.

The girl who topped my school last year (some insane UAI) did 5U history, 4U English, Legal studies and religion and beat all the science and 4U maths people. Go figure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)