Can you do a double degree with a double major (1 Viewer)

XXXPUMPERXXX

HSC
Uni Grad
I am thinking about doing a bachelor of science (maths and physics) degree but my family wants me to do engineering because doing a bachelor of science has terrible job prospects as they say. Is it possible for me to do a double degree including any kind of engineering lets say mechanical and bachelor of science (maths and physics)

quickoats

HSC
It kinda depends on the uni and their rules. Some allow triple majors and double counting but some don’t. However you can do an “unofficial major/minor” which means you will complete all the necessary units for that major/minor, just it won’t be written as so on your transcript.

@blyatman might be able to help? Pretty sure he majored in maths and physics as well as doing engo

XXXPUMPERXXX

HSC
Uni Grad
It kinda depends on the uni and their rules. Some allow triple majors and double counting but some don’t. However you can do an “unofficial major/minor” which means you will complete all the necessary units for that major/minor, just it won’t be written as so on your transcript.

@blyatman might be able to help? Pretty sure he majored in maths and physics as well as doing engo
If I can do a unofficial major it should be allright don't really need it on my resume or anything I just want to learn it thanks.

blyatman

HSC
N/A
Yeh you can do Eng/Sci and double major in the Sci if u wish. However, it'll mean that you have no room for any engineering electives since your schedule will be full with all the core units required to complete the Sci double major.

XXXPUMPERXXX

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh you can do Eng/Sci and double major in the Sci if u wish. However, it'll mean that you have no room for any engineering electives since your schedule will be full with all the core units required to complete the Sci double major.
So how important are these electives ?

blyatman

HSC
N/A
They're not important (i.e. not necessary to graduate), hence the name electives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)