Can you get away with failing Prelim Eco? (1 Viewer)

Simorgh

HSC
Is there a big difference? Basically do you have to do mastery at Prelim Eco to do really well at HSC Eco? Micro in Prelim and Macro in HSC right?

Can you get away with slouching Prelim Eco? I haven't been paying much focus and attention to Economics even though I really love the subject, but all my time and focus has been on 3 Unit Maths, Phys and Chem at the moment...

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Is there a big difference? Basically do you have to do mastery at Prelim Eco to do really well at HSC Eco? Micro in Prelim and Macro in HSC right?

Can you get away with slouching Prelim Eco? I haven't been paying much focus and attention to Economics even though I really love the subject, but all my time and focus has been on 3 Unit Maths, Phys and Chem at the moment...
Lol you're like me but I'm going to drop eco in year 12. You planning the same thing as me because if you are then it doesn't matter

Simorgh

HSC
Lol you're like me but I'm going to drop eco in year 12. You planning the same thing as me because if you are then it doesn't matter
I kinda really love Eco but lately I have been trying hard to learn and understand the many concepts in Phys, Chem and 3 Unit Maths as they build later on to the HSC, without the basics your going to be stuffed for these subjects later on.

Becoz of this heven't had the time to do Eco, but luckily you can easily catch up on it later on as the HSC content is quite different to the Prelim one. Eco is all in all such an interesting and useful subject, which I will try hard not to drop.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I kinda really love Eco but lately I have been trying hard to learn and understand the many concepts in Phys, Chem and 3 Unit Maths as they build later on to the HSC, without the basics your going to be stuffed for these subjects later on.

Becoz of this heven't had the time to do Eco, but luckily you can easily catch up on it later on as the HSC content is quite different to the Prelim one. Eco is all in all such an interesting and useful subject, which I will try hard not to drop.
I think you should take a tutor because they go ahead of the school curriculum and then you can learn all these new ideas earlier and once you do you don't need to worry about it when it comes to school. What I would suggest you do is self learn the content ahead of everyone, watch videos (crash course, Khan academy) and do your outside the syllabus research so then you can understand what's in the syllabus better

swagmeister

HSC
Yes you definitely can! It will require some extra work in year 12 though.

And I'd make sure that going into year 12 you've got a good idea of the fundamentals - most notably supply and demand :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)