Can you get credit points for mid year entry??????????? (1 Viewer)

p3rf3ction

HSC
Re: Guys im thinking of transfering to another uni to get my transcript wiped off.

LOL, brb phucking up subjects and thinking I can transfer into one of the best uni in Australia. Good logic brah

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Guys im thinking of transfering to another uni to get my transcript wiped off.

LOL, brb phucking up subjects and thinking I can transfer into one of the best uni in Australia. Good logic brah
can you guys please just considered that I made it into uNSW and answer my question

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Emplyers wouldn't ask. Good luck getting a transfer though.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
can you guys please just considered that I made it into uNSW and answer my question
If you are it in, no one will know you failed at usyd.

You should also not be giving advice to people saying a 55 wam is good enough to get grad programs, it isn't.

Reactions: D94

is a roflcopter
HSC

Hello - i cant tell if this is troll or if this guy has genuine problems. but i will bite

The first point i want to make is that its never too late to make a strong come back.
I also note you are interested in corporate finance which is probably still the most elitist of graduate programs - so here is a story of someone i know.

I knew a guy who was a super star in high school and first year of uni. HD wam level sht, extracurriculars through the roof,etc. investment banking written all over his face
However ran into some personal problems and had 4 zero mark subject fails in a semester which wiped out his wam.
I think he got over those problems and worked hard for the rest of uni, took a graduate job at a less well known bank, worked hard and then got a front office job.

Sure its was a set back but you need to know that sht happens all the time and its never the end of the world.

Now my second point is, i read some of your other posts and it seems you dont know there is a problem and you are looking for the easy way out by transferring,etc. That may wipe the slate (assuming UNSW is stupid enough to take you) but if you dont work out why you got 2 fails and a 55wam average for the other two subjects, going to UNSW wont help you in the long run either

best of luck

BigBadBader

HSC

im not even in uni yet but logic has it that your record goes with you. and i highly doubt you will be able to transfer into any uni let alone UNSW, try uws?

KidDang

HSC
Uni Grad

Well to be fair for Mid sem transfer they won't look at Sem1 results.

They won't ask for your usyd transcript. It'll only say exempt on the unsw transcript not transfer

If you want to xfer do it now and prove to people you can pick yourself up, after a year your wam is taken into account.

D94

HSC
N/A

If you transfer to UNSW in the mid-year, it must be through UAC, therefore, only your ATAR will be considered. If you don't meet the ATAR cutoff requirements, you will not be able to transfer.

If you are successful, then you should check to see if you are eligible for Credit Transfer: http://credittransfer.unsw.edu.au/

isildurrrr1

HSC
N/A

Well to be fair for Mid sem transfer they won't look at Sem1 results.

They won't ask for your usyd transcript. It'll only say exempt on the unsw transcript not transfer
Well isn't he lucky that he just skipped out on being on academic probation.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad

I study Bachelor of Business at the University of Technology, Sydney and I got shocking results when I started out studying at university. I got 0 per cent in Business Law and Ethics in the mid term exam (I would have got 5 per cent in the subject if I sat the mid term exam) in spring 2009. I got bailed out by my psychiatric case manager and the result got wiped off my academic record. In autumn 2010 I did Business Law and Ethics and I managed to get 85 per cent. I worked my butt off to achieve a very good result. When I first did Business Law and Ethics I worked the hardest I ever worked in my entire life but I was struggling big time because going to law school is not easy. You have to keep persisting. In life you can't get bailed out all the time, you got to persist and turn things around. In life you go through ups and you go through downs. You just got to keep trying your best and working hard. Take it one step at a time.

p3rf3ction

HSC

Hello - i cant tell if this is troll or if this guy has genuine problems. but i will bite

The first point i want to make is that its never too late to make a strong come back.
I also note you are interested in corporate finance which is probably still the most elitist of graduate programs - so here is a story of someone i know.

I knew a guy who was a super star in high school and first year of uni. HD wam level sht, extracurriculars through the roof,etc. investment banking written all over his face
However ran into some personal problems and had 4 zero mark subject fails in a semester which wiped out his wam.
I think he got over those problems and worked hard for the rest of uni, took a graduate job at a less well known bank, worked hard and then got a front office job.

Sure its was a set back but you need to know that sht happens all the time and its never the end of the world.

Now my second point is, i read some of your other posts and it seems you dont know there is a problem and you are looking for the easy way out by transferring,etc. That may wipe the slate (assuming UNSW is stupid enough to take you) but if you dont work out why you got 2 fails and a 55wam average for the other two subjects, going to UNSW wont help you in the long run either

best of luck
I knew I wasn't the only one that knew he was suffering.

p3rf3ction

HSC

If you are it in, no one will know you failed at usyd.

You should also not be giving advice to people saying a 55 wam is good enough to get grad programs, it isn't.
He's asking for us to imagine that he is actually in UNSW, and he wants to do an internal transfer, which would be even less likely of an occurrence.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

best of luck

WOW its newbie what an honor, arent you like one of the legends/successful peoploe on BS. Thx for ur tip and I am not a troll I just have personal reasons.

Also you said corporate finance is one of the elitist, i thought that was investment banking???? well what other non so competitive jobs can I get with a major in finance?

p3rf3ction

HSC

WOW its newbie what an honor, arent you like one of the legends/successful peoploe on BS. Thx for ur tip and I am not a troll I just have personal reasons.

Also you said corporate finance is one of the elitist, i thought that was investment banking???? well what other non so competitive jobs can I get with a major in finance?
So you have personal reasons to acting handicapped? Fair enough, considering you're handicapped.

And LOL, you're calling finance a Zionist? Oh lawd, please tell me your misc account name, the amount of lulz you could provide there are endless.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

So you have personal reasons to acting handicapped? Fair enough, considering you're handicapped.

And LOL, you're calling finance a Zionist? Oh lawd, please tell me your misc account name, the amount of lulz you could provide there are endless.
At least I dont rage around on the internet

p3rf3ction

HSC

At least I dont rage around on the internet
You say that like its an accomplishment. Probably is for someone of your caliber.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Civility please

tony1984

HSC
N/A

Hey man,

Just to let you know intra-university transfers are typically done through UAC and on the premise of your results, you wouldn't get accepted into UNSW.

Going on from what you've said I would recommend that you lodge a special considerations form through USyd Admin and talk about the personal complications that caused you distress over your first semester. Try to get formal documentation where it's possible; letters from doctors and any other sources of evidence to substantiate your case - they can omit the failures from your transcript.

Book an appointment with a university counselor (the service is free) and talk over your grievances - good idea for future proofing as well, if you have an ongoing problem at least you've got evidence that you're attending a counselor about it, and it's also helpful for personal management.

And by the way it's not the end of the world, it's your first semester. Whatever the problem is, if it's ongoing, transferring to another university doesn't necessarily resolve it. Try to fix the root cause of your problems and smash your second semester. If you do well in your 2nd semester/ 2nd year there's no reason why you can't transfer to UNSW or say, MQ/ UTS with a comment in your application explaining your erroneous first semester results.

Peace.

tony1984

HSC
N/A

Also does anyone know if you transfer univerisities, on your new unviersity transcript, does it say that you "transferred" or not.
Every university has a different process but at least in the case of Macquarie University, they only note the units that you've received exemption from and do not cite transcript results from your previous institution of study.

Dude, you really need to sign-up to some student assistance programme - Guidance counsellors, or peer leaders or just book an appointment with your Dean or student advisor; BoS isn't exactly an ideal place to be sourcing information this important to you from.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)