• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Can you have two related texts? (1 Viewer)

EmilyX

HSC
Hi, just wondering, if an essay question states to use your core text and ONE other related text of your choosing, would you be marked down if you use two related texts?

I know it's ok if it says to use your core text and at least ONE other related text of your own choosing... But what if it doesn't state the 'at least' part?

madharris

HSC
N/A
If it says choose at least one then you need a minimum of one

If it says choose one then you need one

If it says choose two then you need two

- If you do 2 instead of 1 when they specify one, they'll probably only mark the first related text, ignore the second and then you won't have enough content in your essay

- If you do 1 instead of 2 when they specify two, they'll mark what you have, but you won't have enough content in your essay

EmilyX

HSC
If it says choose at least one then you need a minimum of one

If it says choose one then you need one

If it says choose two then you need two

- If you do 2 instead of 1 when they specify one, they'll probably only mark the first related text, ignore the second and then you won't have enough content in your essay

- If you do 1 instead of 2 when they specify two, they'll mark what you have, but you won't have enough content in your essay
Ok that makes sense thank you!

HSC
I have two, but in a fancy little way that I can get away with calling it one.

Technically, my related text is the epitaph "Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori", but I'm talking about two poems that have conflicting perspectives about it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)