Can you upgrade into Advanced Science from Science? (1 Viewer)

Manipp

HSC
I need an answer to this: If I was enrolled in normal science at UNSW, but wanted to do a major that only Advanced Science covers, can I upgrade to advanced science based on marks and whatnot?

Thanks.

whitey1

HSC
Advanced science has a higher UAI cutoff, so transferring has to go though UAC and will depend on any university marks you achieve. However, I think all of the study plans offered in advanced science can be just about followed course for course to satisfy the requirements of a science degree. They do allow slight relaxation of the formal major requirements, but you may be able to negotiate similar changes yourself.

For example the Neuroscience plan is basically as a Physiology major, Psychology minor. However, the requirements on core 3rd year physiology courses are relaxed in the adv. science plan. Even so it is still possible for a science student to take all the courses required for the adv. science degree and meet the stricter major requirements.

Gimlian

HSC
I hope it’s okay asking this here, Manipp (I didn’t want to start my own thread).

I’d missed out on the Advanced Science course by about two marks and had been offered the Science one in the Main Round instead.

If by the unlikely twist that I’d get an offer into Advanced Science in the Late Round on the 31st and I’ve already enrolled into Science by the 25th, could I change that enrolment and go into the other one or not?

Thanks.

featous

HSC
science is the same, but you cant join asssoc

featous

HSC
hell its better than med sci and advsc i cos you dont have to do table x courses that are hienously lame

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Manipp said:
I need an answer to this: If I was enrolled in normal science at UNSW, but wanted to do a major that only Advanced Science covers, can I upgrade to advanced science based on marks and whatnot?

Thanks.
Just do the same subjects as required for the advanced science major. You can major in anything in Science. the end result on your "certificate" won't make a difference. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)