Canada Exchange (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
The_Apprentice said:
I'm not sure about Canada specifically but I know that MQ has a really good exchange program overall. Better than Sydney anyway.

Sweet!!
what unis does t have ties with??

buddys

HSC
i just finished a semester of exchange at Carleton Uni in Ottawa, Canada.
Mq has a great exchange program. If you have any questions, just ask :)

lgaica

HSC
buddys said:
i just finished a semester of exchange at Carleton Uni in Ottawa, Canada.
Mq has a great exchange program. If you have any questions, just ask :)
hmm i got a few questions:
- how was the accomodation there
- how was uni life, was it easy to get along with the candians? find any cute canadian females
- how was life outside of uni, things to do, sightseeing, clubbing, going out etc
- is one semester a good length to go on exchange

oh and what subjects were u doing there

and overall was it good, if so why..

cheers

buddys

HSC
lgaica said:
hmm i got a few questions:
- how was the accomodation there
- how was uni life, was it easy to get along with the candians? find any cute canadian females
- how was life outside of uni, things to do, sightseeing, clubbing, going out etc
- is one semester a good length to go on exchange

oh and what subjects were u doing there

and overall was it good, if so why..

cheers
i stayed on campus - so i didnt have too much trouble. It is usually more expensive to live on campus, but i wanted to be able to experience that side of uni as well (seeing as i live off campus at home). Uni life was good. I think it depends on whether you want to get on with the canadians. I know a couple of australian exchange ppl who didnt get on simply cause they didnt have the rights state of mind. I think the canadians have the same mentality as most australians - they are pretty laid back and easy to get along with :)
Ottawa had a good mix of things to do outside uni. There are always clubs to go to and pubs for the quiter nights. Although be warned that most clubs shut down at 2am in Ontario.
By the end of the semester, i was wanting to stay another semester. One of my friends who was on exchange with me decided to stay an extra semester and applied while she was there. She got accepted - so it is relatively easy to add a semester.
I was studying business units. The average workload there is 5 subjects, but i did the minimum required by Mq - 3 subjects - 2 marketing and 1 human resource. It was great. Although be warned the uni i was at (Carleton Uni) is big on group work and also they seem to set more work than back home, but are easier markers.

Overall - i loved exchnage and am glad i did it. I would recommend it!!!

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
The_Apprentice said:
I'm thinking of going to Canada too. Anyone been on exchange to Queens uni (Kingston)?
Born in the University Hospital.

mynameiskate

HSC
Hi guys,

I'm planning on going on exchange to canada for semester 2 2009 and I was just wondering if anyone had experience at the University of Calgary or Ryerson University (Toronto)

They're the two i'm tossing up between.

EdmondDW

HSC
My uncle graduated from Ryerson University...but actually they both r very normal, not very good unis~:eek:

mynameiskate said:
Hi guys,

I'm planning on going on exchange to canada for semester 2 2009 and I was just wondering if anyone had experience at the University of Calgary or Ryerson University (Toronto)

They're the two i'm tossing up between.

HSC
N/A
bump!
I'm going to Queens next year! Has anyone been on exchange to Canada in winter? Any tips to cope with the weather? Any other tips?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)