Cant choose which subject to drop - CAFS or SOR (1 Viewer)

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC
im doing 12 units @ da moment n i really wanna drop one but da problem is that i cant choose which one! im either gonna drop CAFS or Studies of Religion. but then all these ppl keep telling me that its really good to have a "back-up" subject incase u do really crap in another. but what i wanna know is....is it worth da stress?n i also hear that they both scale you down :(

sooooo i wanted to know wat u guyz think n if u did drop a subject; which one?

thx

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Re: cant choose between 2 subjects

sor2 has pretty good scaling IMO. not a hard topic at all although im really stuck with the current topic i just started on. i think you should keep it and drop cafs.

simbim21

unswMed07
HSC

yeah, drops CAFS. if 12units is too stressful, then you should consider dropping otherwise its going to effect you performance in other subjects. from what ive heard, i think you'd be better off dropping CAFS. good luck!

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC

hopeles5ly said:
sor2 has pretty good scaling IMO. not a hard topic at all although im really stuck with the current topic i just started on. i think you should keep it and drop cafs.
yeah i really enjoy SOR 2 coz its really interesting but i sort of had trouble with da foundation study 2 coz i find it hard to remember all these dates n events--dunno y. but im sooooo stressed out abt da major assessment task :eek:

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC

simbim21 said:
yeah, drops CAFS. if 12units is too stressful, then you should consider dropping otherwise its going to effect you performance in other subjects. from what ive heard, i think you'd be better off dropping CAFS. good luck!
hey sorry to bug u lol.......but i was just wondering whether u do 12 units or more! and if u do, how do u cope with all the stress..........OMG i just found out dat our half yearly exams r dis term :eek:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
yeah i really enjoy SOR 2 coz its really interesting but i sort of had trouble with da foundation study 2 coz i find it hard to remember all these dates n events--dunno y. but im sooooo stressed out abt da major assessment task :eek:
the isp your talking about? i am SO LOST with the current topic were doing. and i dont think 12 units is a lot. im doing 11 at the moment and my 11th unit is history extention, but i still find that im coping. probably because of the fact that we barely done anything in class yet, but the major work is pretty frustrating as it consists of A LOT of reading, so it makes it seem like a 2unit subject.. i wouldn't mind doing 13 units though if i was allowed to pick up ancient history. but then i wouldnt drop maths lol

P

pLuvia

12 units isn't that much, I do 11 units with 3 extensions and I'm coping quite fine.

What do you better in? which one do you like more? think about these questions

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
hopeles5ly said:
the isp your talking about?

yeah the isp for studies of religion n the IRP for Cafs. they r both major assments n both take up a lot of ur time..........da problem is....i cant even think of a topic for any of them!
isp for sor2 only makes up for like 10% of your total assessments. IMO i dont reckon its that much work but thats just an assumption as i havent started on it yet lol.

.ben

HSC

don't do SOR, it will ruin your life (not to mention your afterlife). it's just so unchristian.

.ben

HSC

Too much Catholicism among other things.
Btw Catholicism does not equal christianity

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
HSC

.ben said:
Too much Catholicism among other things.
Btw Catholicism does not equal christianity
yeah i use to believe that christians n catholics were completely different..........but then our SOR teacher kept on explaining to the whole class that they r both exactly the same thing (btw my teacher is a christian).

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC

pLuvia said:
12 units isn't that much, I do 11 units with 3 extensions and I'm coping quite fine.
Everyone's different, and cope differently with different things.
Wow, I just used "different" three times in one sentence.

I feel proud. :)

.ben, are you Christian?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Sweetiepie87 said:
You can drop a subject th eday be4 u have to sit the exam but CAFS is a great subject to keep.
That's true, you can basically drop it anytime during the year, quite flexible really, just a waste of time and effort if you decide to finally drop it around the exam period.

.ben

HSC

some catholics are true christians and some arn't. and yes to bananasoomthy

simbim21

unswMed07
HSC
yeah, whether you find 12units stressful or not is completely subjective. so if you do feel that it's too much, drop one.
when deciding, keep in mind what you enjoy more and what you're going better at.

up until today I was doing 12units and just drop to 11 becuase i hated it-that-cannot-be-named. despite everyone telling me that it scales...i dont care. as long as i do well in all my other subjects (which scale good) then i think i'll get a better UAI. that's my opinion. so just think about it and make sure you have no regrets after dropping whatever you end up dropping!

good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)