Can't create a timetable (1 Viewer)

Demise

HSC
Help? Can't enrol - class filling up fast

Everytime I do, there's a stinking class crash. I'm following the computer science single degree outline but the only electives I can enroll in are either full or they clash. Help?

EDIT: Everything crashes with discrete mathematics!

EDIT: I'm trying to enrol into ENGG1000 but I can't "Error:Student not enrolled, class is full or student doesn't meet criteria for available places in class". There are no clashes, so wtf? The class is filling up quickly, help?

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
Everytime I do, there's a stinking class crash. I'm following the computer science single degree outline but the only electives I can enroll in are either full or they clash. Help?

EDIT: Everything crashes with discrete mathematics!
Which subjects do you want to do?

Demise

HSC
Which subjects do you want to do?
Well, I have to do:
COMP1917
MATH1131
MATH1081

I then wanted to do Database Systems, but when I enter it, it doesn't even work for some odd reason "Course not found." Instead I'm modifying my timetable to fit in Computer Networks and Applications. This shit is intense lol. Help though with the Database issue?

Can I still create the timetable if there's a clash?

EDIT: Why the f*ck am I at Uni for 36 hours a week. This is bullshit lol.

Last edited:

ismeta

HSC
I think Database Systems has prerequisites that you haven't fulfilled yet? That said I'm not sure why it said course not found, though.

Demise

HSC
I think Database Systems has prerequisites that you haven't fulfilled yet? That said I'm not sure why it said course not found, though.
It was Comp1B which covers the rest of Comp1, so it should be fine. - The site is down, dang.

D94

HSC
N/A
You can't do Computer Networks and Applications (COMP3331) - there are prerequisites.

You should do ENGG1000 (many CS students do that in first semester).

Those "hours at uni" also takes into account breaks.

Demise

HSC
You can't do Computer Networks and Applications (COMP3331) - there are prerequisites.

You should do ENGG1000 (many CS students do that in first semester).

Those "hours at uni" also takes into account breaks.
Prerequisite: COMP1921 or COMP1927 or MTRN3500.

Comp1927 is Comp1B, which covers the rest of Comp1 that wasn't covered in Comp1A, so wouldn't I be fine?

ENGG1000 looks great, I'll take a look.

Last edited:

D94

HSC
N/A
It was Comp1B which covers the rest of Comp1, so it should be fine. - The site is down, dang.
You can't do Computing 1B (COMP1921) if you do COMP1917; CS1921 is an exclusion if you do CS1917. You will have to do COMP1927 in second semester.

Demise

HSC
You can't do Computing 1B (COMP1921) if you do COMP1917; CS1921 is an exclusion if you do CS1917. You will have to do COMP1927 in second semester.
Dangit, anyway I'm looking at my timetable with ENGG1000. Thanks for the help btw, I appreciate it.

Demise

HSC
ENGG1000 - the only interesting elective and I can't do it: "
Error:Student not enrolled, class is full or student doesn't meet criteria for available places in class"

Edit: what in the hell? 251/945 - How is that full?

Last edited:

tomodachi_

HSC
How do you even make a timetable??? I'm desperate need of help!! btw i accepted an offer to b compsci as well

Demise

HSC
Yes, so you can get in earlier. It's easy when you get the hang of it.

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
I assume you guys sorted it out, but if you're still having difficulties, let me know and I'll help you through it.

fizzbylightning

HSC
Uni Grad
ENGG1000 - the only interesting elective and I can't do it: "
Error:Student not enrolled, class is full or student doesn't meet criteria for available places in class"

Edit: what in the hell? 251/945 - How is that full?
Mate I had the exact same error message. The one in red right? But for PsycA. I talked to the science faculty yesterday and it's possible that they are closing that specific classes in particular, reserving them for people taking degrees where that class is compulsory (so that they have a fair chance of enrolling). Maybe try to add another class by the "swap" method. Keep trying. Even if you get a timetable that's suckier.

Misery1

HSC
I used to have the same error with trying to pick ENGG1000 as an elective for 1st year computer science "Error:Student not enrolled, class is full or student doesn't meet criteria for available places in class"
I contacted the enrolment centre at unsw (enrolment@unsw.edu.au) about the issue and after a few days, got a email stating "...you should be enrolled into the course and have no issues".

Magically, I was able to enrol in ENGG1000 despite not being able to do so repeatedly before the email arrived. Funny how things work.
Maybe try emailing them about the issue as well? ;D

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
I believe it is because they opened a second lecture stream for ENGG1000. I assume that they only had the single lecture stream to begin with to ensure most students were enrolled in the big (945 students) class. Now that that has filled up, they've since opened a ~300 students class as well - basically anyone who wasn't able to enrol before due to it being full should be able to now.

It's also possible that they were reserving the first stream for other types of engineering student. In my first year, they asked CompSci/CompEng/ElecEng students to un-enrol to provide space for other students who *need* to complete it in Sem 1. But I'm not sure if they did this or not, I'm just speculating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)