Can't decide what to drop!!! (1 Viewer)

ThePolyMath

HSC
Hi again!

So I completed my yearlies a couple of weeks ago and I thought I'd post my final preliminary marks.

Advanced English 92 (2nd)
Physics (93) (2nd)
Economics (99) (1st)
Biology (98) (1st)
Chemistry (98) (1st)
3U (85) (2nd)
2U (95) (4th)

So I lost my 1st place in Physics (by 0.05%) but managed to secure first place in chemistry, biology and economics. My 3U marks dropped dramatically due to our new maths teacher giving us past HSC and trial paper questions; this I blame on ineffective preparation.

Should this change any of my subject choices now that I have my final marks?

What if I dropped physics for bio? (given that physics was my lowest science).

I would appreciate any feedback...

Thanks guys :)

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
My 2 cents:

It seems like you are doing well enough in all your subjects and in my opinion I would recommend you pick what you enjoy the most in year 12. If you have an ATAR goals in mind you should consider how Phys/Bio scales respectively in relation with the marks you are achieving. And also what you would like to study in university, as Bio/Chem is a compliments each other more effectively that Physics as a science from what I gather. Moreover, 13 units is pretty demanding so back to my first point - do what you enjoy.

calamebe

HSC
Hi again!

So I completed my yearlies a couple of weeks ago and I thought I'd post my final preliminary marks.

Advanced English 92 (2nd)
Physics (93) (2nd)
Economics (99) (1st)
Biology (98) (1st)
Chemistry (98) (1st)
3U (85) (2nd)
2U (95) (4th)

So I lost my 1st place in Physics (by 0.05%) but managed to secure first place in chemistry, biology and economics. My 3U marks dropped dramatically due to our new maths teacher giving us past HSC and trial paper questions; this I blame on ineffective preparation.

Should this change any of my subject choices now that I have my final marks?

What if I dropped physics for bio? (given that physics was my lowest science).

I would appreciate any feedback...

Thanks guys :)
Yeah it's almost the same as it was before, so it's still very hard to decide what to drop. If you really want to do 4U, I think dropping a subject is the only option, 14 units is very hard.

qwert73

HSC
dude just drop the subject you like least, you're obviously gonna do amazing in whatever you do in hsc. Also how many people in your year are around those marks of high 90's and is your school selective?

sourmilk

HSC
Holy shit your marks are so impressive, congratulations. Is your school highly selective? I can't believe you're not ranked first with those marks wth.

From my personal experience, when dropping a subject you should consider:

1) Subject you are not going great in
2) Subject you don't like
3) Scaling
4) Work-load compared to your other subjects

If not just retain all your subjects, there's nothing wrong with retaining all your units especially if you like all your subjects.

ThePolyMath

HSC
Thanks sourmilk! Best of luck for next term and beyond!

My school is not selective but we are a highly competitive cohort. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)