Can't find info on this dot point (1 Viewer)

N

ND

The dot point reads:

Students: process information to discuss Einstein and Planck's differing views about whether science research is removed from social and political forces

I've looked in Jacaranda, Excel, and MacMillan, but have found nothing at all relating to this dot point, and i believe it's a 2001 inclusion. If anyone could point me toward some info, i would be greatful.
Thanks.

kini mini

HSC
AFAIK this is a physics dot-point, I remember doing it last year. There is some information on it in the Jacaranda textbook and I think the others as well. From what I remember, the discussion centres on Einstein's decision to flee Nazi Germany and Planck's cooperation with the German government.

I really should get around to digging up my notes and submitting them to the main page...I don't think I bothered writing anything for this one though.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by professor
what topic is this?? better not be the space one...
It's either "Ideas to implemenation" or "Quanta to Quarks" from memory.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
what topic is this?? better not be the space one...
hey i m sure it iz not space and i don't think it iz motors/gen

must be module 3
we r still on module 2 !!!! wat abt u??

professor

we are on motors/generators...probably finishing it in a wk or 2...but i'll be off to work placement from 3/3 - 7/3, so i'll miss out the most important stuff of the topic...

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
we are on motors/generators...probably finishing it in a wk or 2...but i'll be off to work placement from 3/3 - 7/3, so i'll miss out the most important stuff of the topic...

do u get lenz's law n stuff very well?? and wat abt relativity??

professor

yea, we covered it pretty well, in fact, we did a prac on lenz's law, not directly but....

as for relativity, i mean u gotta be Einstein to master it, but as far as i know by doing q's from past papers and Jacaranda, i know whats going on

N

ND

Originally posted by kini mini
AFAIK this is a physics dot-point, I remember doing it last year. There is some information on it in the Jacaranda textbook and I think the others as well. From what I remember, the discussion centres on Einstein's decision to flee Nazi Germany and Planck's cooperation with the German government.

I really should get around to digging up my notes and submitting them to the main page...I don't think I bothered writing anything for this one though.
Sorry about that, i'm just used to posting questions in the chem forum. :)

I guess i'll have to have a better look through Jacaranda.

This dot point is from Ideas to Implementation.

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
yea, we covered it pretty well, in fact, we did a prac on lenz's law, not directly but....

as for relativity, i mean u gotta be Einstein to master it, but as far as i know by doing q's from past papers and Jacaranda, i know whats going on
hey wat all r we supposed 2 know for lenz's law??? n which skool do ya go 2?

N

ND

do ppl do practicals in ideas to implementation??
I'd say so, but i'm not sure as my class is still on motors and generators.

professor

isn't the idea of Lenz's law is that when u put a magnet in a coil with a voltmeter attached to it as an external, u get an opposing force of what ur doing...like when u push the magnet it, it repels while u pull the magnet out, it pulls u in...

this then leads to the prediction of the direction of the current

dun rely too heavily on me, coz i ain't 100% by it since i haven't revised it

elizabethy

I'm the best !!
HSC
isn't the idea of Lenz's law is that when u put a magnet in a coil with a voltmeter attached to it as an external, u get an opposing force of what ur doing...like when u push the magnet it, it repels while u pull the magnet out, it pulls u in...

this then leads to the prediction of the direction of the current

dun rely too heavily on me, coz i ain't 100% by it since i haven't revised it
i think u r quite right!
co'z lenz's law says - an induced emf in a circuit gives rise 2 a current which creates a magnetic field which opposes the original change in flux thru the circuit.

N

ND

Originally posted by kini mini

Found the info in the Jacaranda, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)