Can't pay school fees (1 Viewer)

CurrentlyUseless

HSC
Hi everyone!

I've researched this and can't seem to find much information online. I go to a government school ranked around 200. My parents both study fulltime and our family receives Centrelink benefits. Our school asks for annual fees for things like textbooks and excursions (which I don't go to) but also a "contribution" of $100. It's not specified what this contribution is used for and I don't have the financial means to pay this.

I was wondering if I can be legally exempt from this fee or if it's even legal for our school to collect compulsory contributions (since the previous school I went to didn't do this).

Thanks!

Godard

HSC
Most schools have a policy where students who are unable to pay school fees will have the school fees waived. You should discuss with the school and I'm sure that once they know about your financial circumstances, they'll understand.

cherryboi

HSC
it is not compulsory to pay for things such as school maintenance at a government school ^and also its not frowned upon if you dont.

Last edited:

ahri

HSC
It's not compulsory to pay your school fees, a lot of people don't. Due to your financial sitaution I think it's fine if you don't pay it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)