Can't Practise!! (1 Viewer)

brassedoff

HSC
i'm through the worst of it now, but for nearly 2 weeks i haven't been able to play at ALL, having massively painful glandular fever.

i'm making things worse for myself stressing about not being able to play/practise with performances only 2 months away. Does anyone know of situations where people have got special provisions for not being able to practise in the months leading up to perfs?

*panicky* And I miss my trumpet.

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
Well for The Dance (performance exam- Major and Core) HSC- Glandular Fever was no exemption. So i guess if you have it, you'll have to give it a go - Im guessing it would be the same for music seeing as they are both arts subjects

brassedoff

HSC
hm.. thanks :\
If I get over it before the holidays, I should be able to fit in hm... 5-6 hours a day for 3 weeks.... that might work! :D i hope that's not wishful thinking.

ez_19

Musikerin
HSC
of course you can apply for special provisions - they're not that harsh! You should ask your school to find out the range of provisions you can apply for. E.g. if you're still not quite better you can ask for rest periods (i.e. not having to play each piece one after the other) which helps a lot. I think you can also apply for special provisions so that your sickness is taken into account when they mark the performances. Ask your music teacher! Hope you recover soon, not being able to play is horrible =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)