can't view myspace! (1 Viewer)

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
i click on people's contact cards in msn messenger to go to their 'spaces', but i get directed to this page (see attachment 1), and then another page where it asks for my password (attachment 2). after i've typed in my password, it takes me to this account servics page (attachment 3). wtf?

can someone please tell me what i can do to fix this? i've clear my browser cache, history and cookies (i use firefox) but it didn't help.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Firstly Myspaces has nothing to do with microsoft.

What you refer to is "MSN Spaces"

Well its certainly a know issue, and a very frustrating one. No doubt Microsoft know about it.....but as yet have not fixed it.

I find it will genrally work if you try to open it in IE instead of FF....

I've got it out of its loop on some occasions on FF, but it seems to be random....

so yeh try in IE and tell us if it works...

CrashOveride

HSC
Hi

I had exactly the same problem a while ago. I emailed MS and they wern't really helpful.

Are you using MSN Plus or stuff plug or some other MSN plug-in?

I found that when i removed items like this, it started working perfectly.

I just put them on recently again, and the same problem comes up...so it's something to do with these plug-ins.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
MSN plugins /add-ons only ever affect MSN messenger. They dont interfere with a website such as MSN Spaces (Or more correctly Microsoft Passport's Login System). Spaces and Messenger are two entirely sepearte things. Its a problem either with the browser, or the coding of the actual site.

CrashOveride

HSC
Deus said:
MSN plugins /add-ons only ever affect MSN messenger. They dont interfere with a website such as MSN Spaces (Or more correctly Microsoft Passport's Login System). Spaces and Messenger are two entirely sepearte things. Its a problem either with the browser, or the coding of the actual site.
the original thread starter clearly pointed out that she has problems accessing the msn spaces via the contact card which is IN MSN MESSENGER.

And it has been my experience that these MSN plugins do affect this feature (the contact card) in msn messenger.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you look more closely at the actual problem, you'll find the difficulty is within the Microsoft Passport Login System (not MSN). This is not affected by any plugin/add-on of msn.

The problem is a widely known issue that has been extensively reported on MSN related sites.

CrashOveride

HSC
Deus said:
If you look more closely at the actual problem, you'll find the difficulty is within the Microsoft Passport Login System (not MSN). This is not affected by any plugin/add-on of msn.

The problem is a widely known issue that has been extensively reported on MSN related sites.
I have some plugins installed now. I have the same problem as the thread starter.
I know that if i take them off, it well work properly......so that would refute your claim that it has nothing to do with it , yes?

Perhaps there is some other problem, i am just giving the thread starter an answer to what helped solve an identical problem i had.

Also, if it is well known as you claim, the people at the MSN help centre wern't all too knowing about it.

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
i set my default browser to IE instead of firefox (so all links in msn messenger open up with IE). but it still doesn't work.

but, i tried opening msn spaces (in the same way that i did before, by clicking on contact cards) using another windows xp account. this time they automatically opened up with IE - and it WORKED!

wtf

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah as i said, it appears to be quite random.....

I did a bit of research on the problem and it appears to be either a browser issue, i.e use IE; or failing that an account problem (Or a combination of both).

It begun occuring after Microsoft implemented the Microsoft Passport Network, replacing the old .Net Passport. So it suggests there is a flaw somewhere in MS code.

But its MS, what would you expect?

Oh and CrashOveride you really expect the people at the MS help center to know anything? That did make me laugh =P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)