Canyou get into a business degree all different types with a band 6 in general maths? (1 Viewer)

chardy2651

HSC
What math do you need for a business degree at uni in Sydney universities would a band 6 in general be enough?

thanks
any experiences/comments related

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Canyou get into a business degree all different types with a band 6 in general ma

Learning 2U or above isn't hard. I've learnt a bit of the HSC 3U course purely by videos and online guides and I do past questions with my friends at school. I dropped general maths before start of the HSC course too.

chardy2651

HSC
Re: Canyou get into a business degree all different types with a band 6 in general ma

Im planning on dropping i don't like the syllabus i like generals syllabus and there will be less workload and i will get a better atar for general at like a 90 and 2 unit if i try ill get like 60 and that will wreck atar im just wondering will general be enough should i drop to general for hsc and get a band 6 or stay in 2 unit for yr 11 2 unit im on 50-55%

comments please

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad

Im planning on dropping i don't like the syllabus i like generals syllabus and there will be less workload and i will get a better atar for general at like a 90 and 2 unit if i try ill get like 60 and that will wreck atar im just wondering will general be enough should i drop to general for hsc and get a band 6 or stay in 2 unit for yr 11 2 unit im on 50-55%

comments please
If your plan is to drop to general because 2U is too hard, then you desire take up a course in university which requires 2U (equivalent), you need to reconsider dropping it.

I suggest you go in with 12 units. Make 2U maths your 12th unit, so it's not really a matter of whether or not it will count, just make it a subject which will prepare you for university. There's no use dropping something for a year, then confronting the same thing after HSC at university with no idea of what's going on. Have your HSC year to figure it out.

Last edited:

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
If your plan is to drop to general because 2U is too hard, then you desire take up a course in university which requires 2U (equivalent), you need to reconsider dropping it.

I suggest you go in with 12 units. Make 2U maths your 12th unit, so it's not really a matter of whether or not it will count, just make it a subject which will prepare you for university. There's no use dropping something for a year, then confronting the same thing after HSC at university with no idea of what's going on. Have your HSC year to figure it out.
Yep^ agreed. I am finding out now I need 3U for stats .

chardy2651

HSC

i got like 30% in the yearly for 2 unit i rather get 90 in general and if i need 2 unit for uni ill do a bridge course.

chardy2651

HSC

I got 37% in the yearly and 63 overall for 2 unit preliminary should i stay?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC

If you want maths to count, I would move to General maths. If it's just there and you're fine for it to not count then go forward with 2 unit.

RishBonjour

HSC

I got 37% in the yearly and 63 overall for 2 unit preliminary should i stay?
DROP MATHS.

at this point - you shouldn't think about which subjects will best help you succeed in uni - that comes later. MAXIMIZE your atar. Get into the course - you'll be fine. some of my mates are doing Comm - who didn't do any maths - doing fine. Some did general maths - doing fine also. Obviously if you did 3u/2u - you will find some of the content a bit easier to grasp. So what? You can learn the techniques during uni anyway. Tbh, so far in micro - only basic differentiation etc (although intuition of basic graph drawing etc and understanding of calculus differentiates the top marks). Stats- so far, just binomials etc - They teach it to you anyway

tl;dr:
drop 2u maths. Focus on other subjects, or your atar won't be enough for a good business school.

After writing all this - I realised you're in year 11. fuck. 63% overall isn't bad! you can improve on it DRAMATICALLY basically 2u = practice. keep it for a term maybe ?(get a private tutor or something if you are really struggling - tell him/her to start the course from the very very basics - you'll soon find it simple - 1 year is enough time to conquer any fucking subject - given that are you are dedicated)

Don't do 12 units if you are struggling - bad idea - waste of time/effort/life.

good luck!

Last edited:

chardy2651

HSC

my teacher wants me to stay in 2 unit and they believe i can get a good mark and that ill need 2 unit for uni.more options
any help please on this

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Keep 2unit as you'll need it for uni , especially as your teacher recommended that you stay in 2unit

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

general maths wouldn't help you for anything in uni, general maths is for faggots that might do law at uni where there is no maths or are going to TAFE/gettingajob after high school

chardy2651

HSC

Is hsc mathematics alot harder than prelim maths?

whats the difference?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Canyou get into a business degree all different types with a band 6 in genera...

Is hsc mathematics alot harder than prelim maths?

whats the difference?
No, 2 unit maths extends on some knowledge gained in year 11, while introducing some new concepts and topics.

chardy2651

HSC

cool thanks whats your opinion for this thread?should i stay in 2 u and opinion if i go bad
i just want 2 unit for uni and options

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
cool thanks whats your opinion for this thread?should i stay in 2 u and opinion if i go bad
i just want 2 unit for uni and options
I suppose you can drop it and maybe you can have a look at 2U during the long break?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)