Capture-Recapture???? (1 Viewer)

SASH_06_X

HSC
For the HSC Trial, we got a capture recapture question, but it wasn't taught to us and neither was it in the textbook. But it is in the syllabus, which I overlooked when during my preparation. Wbu guys? Did u get taught this concept and if so, under which section? And also if you could tell me the capture-recapture formula it would be helpful. Thanks!

cossine

HSC
For the HSC Trial, we got a capture recapture question, but it wasn't taught to us and neither was it in the textbook. But it is in the syllabus, which I overlooked when during my preparation. Wbu guys? Did u get taught this concept and if so, under which section? And also if you could tell me the capture-recapture formula it would be helpful. Thanks!
Doing a quick google search it seems to be just fraction manipulation but in the context of ecology. You should be able to solve this problem even if it is not taught. The only tricky bit would be setting up the equation if you seeing it for the first time.

SASH_06_X

HSC
Doing a quick google search it seems to be just fraction manipulation but in the context of ecology. You should be able to solve this problem even if it is not taught. The only tricky bit would be setting up the equation if you seeing it for the first time.
Yeah I did do a google search - but setting up the equation like you said is tricky and I keep getting muddled over what number to substitute in which place.

Luukas.2

HSC
It's an application of experimental probability

SASH_06_X

HSC
https://thirdspacelearning.com/gcse-maths/statistics/capture-recapture/

The link above will tell you what each variable is. All the best.
omg tysm, this was just what i was looking for, finally something that explains this concept properly!

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
I LOVE CAPTURE RECAPTURE WE LEARNT IT IN BIO YEAR 11 AND BECAUSE I LOVE BIO I LOVE IT

SASH_06_X

HSC
I LOVE CAPTURE RECAPTURE WE LEARNT IT IN BIO YEAR 11 AND BECAUSE I LOVE BIO I LOVE IT
i missed the first few weeks of yr 11 - and of course that was the time I also missed learning about capture-recapture in bio.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)