car insurance question (1 Viewer)

melb22

HSC
N/A
I am 26 and my best friend is 23. car insurance is generally more exp for under 25 yr old guys, so what i had done is i was the primary policy holder and him being secondary. There are was a huge difference, the cost for him went from 1200 down to 700/year. now the policy is going on for the last 2 yrs with no claims made till now. insurance company is aami. I have my own car and was insured by aami as well until few months back. Right now i have my insurance with another company as it was cheaper.

now what has happened is my mate's neighbour vandalised his car by keying all over and he did make a police complaint. The police might or might not be able to prove it as it was his word against theirs.

so now he plans to make a claim with AAMI and based on the police investigation, he might have to pay an access of 500 if it cant be proven. Since i am the primary policy holder i will have to call to make the claim. So i was wondering, would that screw up my rating a bit, even though i wasnt the driver or would my premium go up(currently with different company) when i do renew next yr??

sorry for typing so long, but thought i would write everything abt it, so it makes sense hehe. thanks

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
I suggest you ask an insurance person, like ring up AAMI or your current insurer and ask them.

Advice from a bunch of school kids it not going to help imo.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
say goodbye to your no claim discount. Chances are your premium will go up a rating (or two, depending on the cost of the new paintjob/parts). But I'm sure it was worth saving that one grand in the long run, right?

Call AAMI and they'll tell you straight up what the change in your rating is.

Unless of course you can prove it.

quik.

HSC
Call up and ask, they *may* have a limited no fault claim that won't affect your rating

I don't like your chances though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)