Car of the 1337s (1 Viewer)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by Patricio
in some colours I can kinda see your point. But in Black or silver I think they look hot, definitely not a girly car! Don't make me get out the pics again :angry:
With red leather? ;) that's hot, that is.

Ah ok I wanna go now, sounds good. What cars mainly drag? Or is it really varied..?
Anybody can run their car. $40 and you'll get about three runs.

When I went I saw... a few quick rotaries (of course), a few bikes (they have to run each other, obviously. They can be interesting if the rider doesn't balance the bike properly :) ), the fastest FWD in Australia (I forget what it was though! A civic I think.), a few imports (two of my friends got the first drags EVER on the strip!), and my personal favourite.... a completely dead stock Hyundai Accent. :D

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by anti
With red leather? ;) that's hot, that is.
Black leather's way better!

Anybody can run their car. $40 and you'll get about three runs.

When I went I saw... a few quick rotaries (of course), a few bikes (they have to run each other, obviously. They can be interesting if the rider doesn't balance the bike properly :) ), the fastest FWD in Australia (I forget what it was though! A civic I think.), a few imports (two of my friends got the first drags EVER on the strip!), and my personal favourite.... a completely dead stock Hyundai Accent. :D
That 'fastest FWD' is only that quick because it uses slicks on the track + nos + Honda VTEC + Turbo kit - imo a big waste of time and money. If it didn't use the slicks it would be back in the 11's bracket, where there are plenty of other FWDs.
I'd rather do up some other FWD (eg Type R or TX3) to get it really fast, rather than a Civic (I thought it was a CRX though), and they would get there for a lot cheaper than a CRX/Civic which takes all of those silly mods to achieve that time. /rant
What did the Hyundai get? I'm sure it was a memorable time :p

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Black leather's way better!

That 'fastest FWD' is only that quick because it uses slicks on the track + nos + Honda VTEC + Turbo kit - imo a big waste of time and money. If it didn't use the slicks it would be back in the 11's bracket, where there are plenty of other FWDs.
I'd rather do up some other FWD (eg Type R or TX3) to get it really fast, rather than a Civic (I thought it was a CRX though), and they would get there for a lot cheaper than a CRX/Civic which takes all of those silly mods to achieve that time. /rant
What did the Hyundai get? I'm sure it was a memorable time :p
Nah, with a black car red is VERY nice. It's more of a contrast, I guess. Can look 'fully sick' with driver seat reclined all the way back. ;)

Yeah, I'm always a lot more surprised at cars with street tires who do good times. It's more of a challenge for sure! I don't remember what it was actually, other than that it had had so much internal work done that the engine bay looked like a work of art :) I wonder what tuning house did it? I think it's more about the fact that it's a small car, not something known for speed or whatever.

The Hyundai? Probably 17s! I'd love to run my poor Barina. It's more for the fun than the times anyway! Imagine a timeslip for a perfectly stock small car :D I'd frame it.

RIZAL

HSC
you'll find that most (if not all) fast Honda drag cars are running VTEC engines with the VTEC disabled. After all, VTECs purpose is to provide an engine with low rpm tractability and high rpm power. Drag cars are driven solely on the top end, so the tricky VTEC cam lobes are ditched in favour of the more conventional ones.

anti: go the barina! is it the gsi?

Patricio

UNSW Member
Nah, with a black car red is VERY nice. It's more of a contrast, I guess. Can look 'fully sick' with driver seat reclined all the way back. ;)
Haha yeh only if the seat's behind the pillar (ie you're driving from the back seat)!

Yeah, I'm always a lot more surprised at cars with street tires who do good times. It's more of a challenge for sure! I don't remember what it was actually, other than that it had had so much internal work done that the engine bay looked like a work of art :) I wonder what tuning house did it? I think it's more about the fact that it's a small car, not something known for speed or whatever.
I think semi-slicks are road-legal tho..
I read in 'autosalon' (I never buy them lol) that Veselinovic broke that Honda's record of fastest FWD 3 weeks ago, with a time of 9.68@150mph, but I don't know what FWD car he had..

Originally posted by Isaaq
you'll find that most (if not all) fast Honda drag cars are running VTEC engines with the VTEC disabled. After all, VTECs purpose is to provide an engine with low rpm tractability and high rpm power. Drag cars are driven solely on the top end, so the tricky VTEC cam lobes are ditched in favour of the more conventional ones
I thought that most people with Honda 'drag cars' used VTEC (Variable valve Timing Electronic Control) controllers which allow the high rpm power to be made at lower revs than usual? Also, the Honda drag cars usually fit a turbo kit, so then the VTEC would come in very handy for the drag car (same as how late model Supras and S14/15 Silvias have their VVT - Variable Valve Timing - which is essentially the same thing as VTEC).

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
One of my friends is actually kind of height deprived ;) and he LOOKS like he's sitting "full wog style" (as I put it) although he's probably bolt upright and as close to the pedals as he needs to be. hehehehehe.

Autosalon eh :)
I heard the subzero supra ran a 10s (again?). Yay! I guess quick FWDs are more interesting though. :)

And yeah, VTEC is just a fancy name for something other cars have as well? :)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol wog style

but i reckon wog style is one of the safest driving positions
lol, at least if they do have a front on accident, they won't smash their face into the steering wheel

some of the female drivers and old people sitting so up close to the wheel scares me

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by redslert
lol, at least if they do have a front on accident, they won't smash their face into the steering wheel
I never thought about that! They're just being safe!

Autosalon eh :)
I heard the subzero supra ran a 10s (again?). Yay! I guess quick FWDs are more interesting though. :)
Yeh go torque steer! Try drifting in reverse, then you'll apprectiate FWD ;)

And yeah, VTEC is just a fancy name for something other cars have as well? :)
Pretty much. Honda, Mitsubishi and Nissan have it in several of their cars. Unfortunately, the Hondas are still slow :( :hammer: :wave:

VX1-08U

VTEC is just a fancy name for something other cars have as well?

Re: VVT-i - Toyota, Valvetronic - BMW, CVTCS (Continuous Variable Valve Timing Control System) - Nissan, VTEC - Honda, S-VT (Sequential Valve Timing) - Mazda, VCT (Valve cam timing) - Ford ... same shit, different smell. VTEC arguably happens to be the best, hence the widespread credibility of the VTEC name when talking about variable valve timing. For example: 2ltr VTEC S2000, which has the best N/A power-to-litre ratio.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Originally posted by redslert
lol wog style

some of the female drivers and old people sitting so up close to the wheel scares me

HAHA but what if they can't *see* over the steering wheel? safe my foot. :D

Yeh go torque steer! Try drifting in reverse, then you'll apprectiate FWD ;)

Pretty much. Honda, Mitsubishi and Nissan have it in several of their cars. Unfortunately, the Hondas are still slow :( :hammer: :wave:
Reverse helis are cool. :)

And HAHAHA at the honda ownage. :D What does VTEC stand for?

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by VX1-08U
VVT-i - Toyota, Valvetronic - BMW, CVTCS (Continuous Variable Valve Timing Control System) - Nissan, VTEC - Honda, S-VT (Sequential Valve Timing) - Mazda, VCT (Valve cam timing) - Ford ... same shit, different smell. VTEC arguably happens to be the best, hence the widespread credibility of the VTEC name when talking about variable valve timing. For example: 2ltr VTEC S2000, which has the best N/A power-to-litre ratio.
quite a list (you forgot Mitsubishi's MIVEC though :p)! Of course VCT = S-VT (cos Mazda engines are usually in Fords and vice versa).
About the S2000 having the best power-to-litre ratio for an N/A - it makes 174kW for 2L. It's a shame it only makes around 200Nm of Torque (at 7000RPM lol). Stock N/A 1990 323s/lasers even make 155Nm @ 3500RPM from a 1.8L, so the power of the S2K is good, it's just the torque sucks (for a car that is portrayed as a sports car).

Reverse helis are cool. :)
And HAHAHA at the honda ownage. :D What does VTEC stand for?
VTEC (Variable valve Timing Electronic Control)

m3h_m3h

HSC
hehe its been a while since ive been on these forums and this thread is goin off!!

as for the drag FWD cars, i kno the guy that owns the fastest FWD N/A car in aus (and nz). its a civic running a frankenstein motor in it. i believe the time slip is 12.8@107MPH.
its currently being rebuilt, with the aim of being the fastest FWD N/A in the world :D

i think we should organise a BOS Cruise one day :p

VX1-08U

quite a list (you forgot Mitsubishi's MIVEC though :p)! Of course VCT = S-VT (cos Mazda engines are usually in Fords and vice versa).
About the S2000 having the best power-to-litre ratio for an N/A - it makes 174kW for 2L. It's a shame it only makes around 200Nm of Torque (at 7000RPM lol). Stock N/A 1990 323s/lasers even make 155Nm @ 3500RPM from a 1.8L, so the power of the S2K is good, it's just the torque sucks (for a car that is portrayed as a sports car).

Knew I forgot something ... MIVEC. Is the Mazda/Ford relationship still going strong? Keep thinking it's in the same boat as the Holden/Toyota relationship which ended a while back (from which we got cars like the Holden Nova, Apollo). At the end of the day, all the variable valve timing technologies are pretty much the same in theory and application, while methods might differ slighty.

Agreed, torque from the S2000 is pretty poor for a sports car. I think the S2200 (concept atm, I think) with a 2.2ltr engine should bump up the torque a bit with an extra 200cc, however shouldn't be anything dramatic unless the engineers at honda do something else ... supercharger perhaps, just like in 2F2F ;)

Patricio

UNSW Member
Originally posted by m3h_m3h
hehe its been a while since ive been on these forums and this thread is goin off!!
I know! These car threads are popping up everywhere here..

as for the drag FWD cars, i kno the guy that owns the fastest FWD N/A car in aus (and nz). its a civic running a frankenstein motor in it. i believe the time slip is 12.8@107MPH.
I hate to break it to you man, but check the latest autosalon magazine. They have a review on drags etc, and it quotes the fastest FWD in Australia as being Veselinovic's record of 9.68@150mph. Your mate better match this guy before he goes for fastest FWD in the world ;) It has more details in the mag on Veselinovic, and there's some more on his CRX from his previous drag times (which were still in the 9's - dunno why you thought the guy you knew had the fastest one) here: http://www.jamboree.com.au/BNEJAM/BrisbaneDragRacing.htm.
Besides, I'm sure I've heard of some FWD pulsar turbos and FWD TX3s turbos being in the 12's bracket (both the Pulsars and TX's are in the 14's stock, so wouldn't take a crazy amount to get into the 12's), maybe you misquoted your mate's time?

i think we should organise a BOS Cruise one day :p
When's this gonna happen! We'd have the maddest drags ;)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
haha, BOS cruise to various schools/universities :p

well, my friends tend to cruise on tuesdays/thursdays (thursday is probably the night around sydney though.. everyone seems to be cruising!) and it's just as fun having some other cars along, provided you say hi :)

VX1-08U

hmmm, ... cruise to UTS, then up George St.

well, my friends tend to cruise on tuesdays/thursdays (thursday is probably the night around sydney though.. everyone seems to be cruising!) and it's just as fun having some other cars along, provided you say hi :

It's all about respect ...

Patricio

UNSW Member
Is the Mazda/Ford relationship still going strong? Keep thinking it's in the same boat as the Holden/Toyota relationship which ended a while back (from which we got cars like the Holden Nova, Apollo).
Yeh it's going strong, mainly because Ford pretty much owns Mazda. Since the early 80s Mazda/Ford engines have been in each other cars etc, and it hasn't changed since.. Mazda is one of my favourite car makes, so I've learnt a fair bit about MazFords..

Agreed, torque from the S2000 is pretty poor for a sports car. I think the S2200 (concept atm, I think) with a 2.2ltr engine should bump up the torque a bit with an extra 200cc, however shouldn't be anything dramatic unless the engineers at honda do something else ... supercharger perhaps, just like in 2F2F ;)
Why is Honda so scared to touch superchargers/turbochargers?
That pink S2K? Rubbish. Give me Johnny Tran's black S2K from F&F any day!

Well.. outside UNSW is pretty famous for drags already.. I'm not cruising to any school - I don't have a doof doof stereo (not fully sik enuf) to impress all the chicks at their bustop haha..

well, my friends tend to cruise on tuesdays/thursdays (thursday is probably the night around sydney though.. everyone seems to be cruising!) and it's just as fun having some other cars along, provided you say hi :)
I think Saturdays the best night, but you'd be stuck in your car nearly the whole night :(

VX1-08U
Nice plate by the way - do you drive a VX?

VX1-08U

Why is Honda so scared to touch superchargers/turbochargers?
That pink S2K? Rubbish. Give me Johnny Tran's black S2K from F&F any day!

Not part of the Honda philosophy of N/A all the way I guess ...

Johnny Tran's S2000 had more that $100,000 underneath the hood :)

- VX1-08U
Nice plate by the way - do you drive a VX?

I wish I had that plate (prefer COM-08U tho), sad thing is i'll be the one getting 'eaten' on the road ... drive a VX Comm Exec, with 'S' pack alloys and a K&N replacement filter. Stock otherwise.

Patricio

UNSW Member
Not part of the Honda philosophy of N/A all the way I guess ...
Johnny Tran's S2000 had more that $100,000 underneath the hood :)
Haha yeh $100,000.. maybe it did. The bit I never got about that movie was Johnny Tran was complaining to his mechanic about someone stealing his SR20 motors - but SR20s are from Nissan Silvias/180s. All Johnny's cars were Hondas (and one Lexus)..

I wish I had that plate (prefer COM-08U tho), sad thing is i'll be the one getting 'eaten' on the road ... drive a VX Comm Exec, with 'S' pack alloys and a K&N replacement filter. Stock otherwise.
That car is more than enough to eat most rice out there.

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
Haha yeh $100,000.. maybe it did. The bit I never got about that movie was Johnny Tran was complaining to his mechanic about someone stealing his SR20 motors - but SR20s are from Nissan Silvias/180s. All Johnny's cars were Hondas (and one Lexus)..

That car is more than enough to eat most rice out there.

Maybe he was gonna change to a REAL car ;)

Anything on Anzac pde is a bit of a waste of time really, considering that cops out east tend to hate ricers (go figure?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)