Car Parking 2010 (1 Viewer)

Kiim2507

HSC
From email:

From January, an annual pass for campus parking will cost $220 ($190 in 2009), while a half-yearly pass will cost $130 ($110 in 2009). Monthly passes will cost $70 ($60 in 2009), and a premium parking pass ? with a guaranteed parking space ? will now cost $795 ($700 in 2009). There will be no changes to the casual parking rate next year.

Greaaaaat.

Even though $220 is not that much considering it works out to be less than $10 a week but still

Doomah

HSC
too many rich asians all driving to uni

anyway be thankfull, as unsw, usyd and uts students would love to have yearly parking for $220

Last edited:

Leggs

HSC
Aren't they cutting down on the number of parking spaces as well??

Leggs

HSC
I heard it was some legal thing? And that they have to reduce the amount of parking available to encourage people to take public transport.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Its not a huge amount spread out over the year but still a lot for those of us who have a $500+ textbook bill at the begining of semester. UWS has been $50 until this year when it became $75 but they are increasing/fixing parking. I know that other uni students pay more because space is limited in the city.

As much as the price and parking sucks (more so how much they have increased it in a short period of time, I was $130 when I started at MQ in 07) I will still be driving, the new station has reduced the number of northern line trains that run through Strathfield and a direct train to uni would go through Chatswood first and a train to Epping and then waiting for the right connecting train can take an 1hr in total as does the bus. Considering I generally live near a great transport hub it must really suck for others who have terrible transport. I also tend to drive because I plan long days with most classes in them and am too tired to have to wait for public transport.

They need to realise that they wont discourage most people as the Hills kids still need to drive as do some of the Western Suburbs kids...

Last edited:

Leggs

HSC
And the northern beaches kids.
There's a bus from Manly that leaves at about 7.30am...and then there's one returning at about 4pm, and that's it.

xsavagex

HSC
And the northern beaches kids.
There's a bus from Manly that leaves at about 7.30am...and then there's one returning at about 4pm, and that's it.
Theres also some from Mona Vale (near the cemetary)

But yeah it sucks for Northern Beaches kids too :( I'll still be driving (when i get my car back from being repaired :( ) and it does suck for those who don't have train lines or decent public transport.

HSC
The old permits from last year still last through end of Feb and sort of mid-March?

Odyssey2001

HSC
The old permits from last year still last through end of Feb and sort of mid-March?
I just found this on the MQ website,
Updates

6 January 2009 - 2010 Parking Permits through salary deduction

All 2009 Annual parking permits will remain valid until 28 February 2010. Any permanent or fixed-term staff wishing to arrange a new 2010 Annual permit through salary deduction may do so from week commencing 18 January 2010 through their local Faculty or Office administrative staff listed below.
I found it here, Car Parking on Campus - Momentum - Macquarie University

sja

dingleberry
HSC
Supply and demand. I assume they keep increasing the prices well above inflation to deter some people and make them carpool/use public transport.
Wrong. They're not playing the economics game. They're just trying to make more money ;)

manavji

HSC
N/A
ah.. thats just great... transfered from UWS to maq to find out parking is 3x more expensive... awesome stuff

mrbsting

HSC
its not a huge amount spread out over the year but still a lot for those of us who have a $500+ textbook bill at the begining of semester. Uws has been $50 until this year when it became $75 but they are increasing/fixing parking. I know that other uni students pay more because space is limited in the city.

As much as the price and parking sucks (more so how much they have increased it in a short period of time, i was $130 when i started at mq in 07) i will still be driving, the new station has reduced the number of northern line trains that run through strathfield and a direct train to uni would go through chatswood first and a train to epping and then waiting for the right connecting train can take an 1hr in total as does the bus. Considering i generally live near a great transport hub it must really suck for others who have terrible transport. I also tend to drive because i plan long days with most classes in them and am too tired to have to wait for public transport.

They need to realise that they wont discourage most people as the hills kids still need to drive as do some of the western suburbs kids...
+1

scarf

HSC
ah.. thats just great... transfered from UWS to maq to find out parking is 3x more expensive... awesome stuff
at least they dont have indian parking attendents telling us to park "across the road" at parra campus when you're running late to class...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)