Carbon Tax (1 Viewer)

Washy_182

HSC
I feel that the economics exam will most probably feature a question about environmental management and the carbon tax. What do you think?

tom_ward_1

HSC
ESDs --- fiscal surpluses
Market failure (negative externalities)
banning products
government policies to maintain the environment... (controling eco growth)
i dont know

Rawf

HSC
They cannot specify 'carbon tax' in any question. (unless they provide a stimulus)
However if they do ask about environment you should include it.

Washy_182

HSC
I think they could possibly link the carbon tax with distribution of income as well...
It's just a hunch that it will be a stimulus essay.

Skeptyks

HSC
Talking about the carbon tax, are there any major features that we should 100% talk about?

Rawf

HSC
Talking about the carbon tax, are there any major features that we should 100% talk about?
Carbon tax from 2012 to 2015 $23 per tonne
Emissions trading system 2015+ - cap and trade - $15 price floor and i forgot how much above international carbon prices as a ceiling lmao
Talk about how it internalises the negative externalities, forces producers to shift towards more carbon-efficient ways of producing. Also talk about how energy suppliers may try and increase the efficiency of their electricity generators (i forgot but only like 20% of the fossil fuels are converted? but it can be like 35% or something - i forgot the exact number).
Consumers may also shift towards renewable energy sources as they become a cheaper alternative in comparison to non-renewable.

Skeptyks

HSC
Carbon tax from 2012 to 2015 $23 per tonne
Emissions trading system 2015+ - cap and trade - $15 price floor and i forgot how much above international carbon prices as a ceiling lmao
Talk about how it internalises the negative externalities, forces producers to shift towards more carbon-efficient ways of producing. Also talk about how energy suppliers may try and increase the efficiency of their electricity generators (i forgot but only like 20% of the fossil fuels are converted? but it can be like 35% or something - i forgot the exact number).
Consumers may also shift towards renewable energy sources as they become a cheaper alternative in comparison to non-renewable.
Thanks.

hsc_master_XD

HSC
hey guys, hsc master here ^_^:headbang: :awesome: :biggrin:
i really hope they ask a question about the balance of payments XD!!!
that would be so exciting seeing as the current account is currently in surplus!!! obviously the government needs to implement some labour market policies to fix the threat the surplus has on environmental sustainability. make sure you put that info in on a BoP essay, markers love it when you throw in current info.
good luck everyone, hope you all get your atar aims :tongue:

Last edited:

alexx101

HSC
@hsc master XD You read my mind. Great info to include. With this scaffold i'm thinking guaranteed marks of 25/25 for extended. Now to memorize the scaffold- probs pulling an all nighter for it! Good luck! Although from the looks of it, you wont need it! -_-

hsc_master_XD

HSC
alexx101 totes knows where it's at. obviously because she is going to get 25 for a 20 mark response! wow she almost beats me in hsc master stakes!!!!!!! :jump:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)