Career in PHOTOGRAPHY (1 Viewer)

bextahunt

Hey... I'd love to know if there is any body who is as eager as me as to be studying professional photography soon/now (out of school)? If so, which campus do you go to?

It would be appreciated if you let me know please!!!

Greenwood

Banned
HSC
booooring

OH MY! i would just looove to do photography. it sounds so interesting sitting there till you see a moment then taking a photo. but it might be too intense. i have two things to say. matt is cool (purp|e) and rebecca is hot.

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
Greenwood said:
OH MY! i would just looove to do photography. it sounds so interesting sitting there till you see a moment then taking a photo. but it might be too intense. i have two things to say. matt is cool (purp|e) and rebecca is hot.

i have two words to say............................................fuck off

bubble_tea

Hey! i want to be a pro photographer too, but its really hard out there in the industry.. Pretty much anyone can take good photographs, and it doesn't require much skill - its all the contacts you have and the lenses. ..and i think its a very male dominated job..

i'm going to to visual communications @ uws if i don't make it into my 1st pref this year.. My ex-boss is a pro photographer and he told me that he started out assisting other photographers.. and my other friend is about 28, he started out as a photo-journalist in hongkong but i don't think his career as a commercial photographer looks very promising here.. So yeah, u pretty much need superb people skills and connections.

Komaticom

Bored Member
HSC
Uni Grad
mz_bubbletea said:
So yeah, u pretty much need superb people skills and connections.
Just like virtually every other professional career out there.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Greenwood said:

lol you obviously don't know anything about photography so

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
mz_bubbletea said:
Pretty much anyone can take good photographs, and it doesn't require much skill..........My ex-boss is a pro photographer and he told me that he started out assisting other photographers...

"Its not what you know, it's who you know."

Assisting is a good way to get connections and experience

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)