careers in fashion design (1 Viewer)

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
i know after schoool i want to go to FBI FAshion colege just looking at the course for business and fashion it is so interesting i just wanted to do it !11 ii even contemplated droping out and doing the course as soon as possible ...!!!
Basicalllly what my teacher and friends told me is that you have to have patience for this job and to be in this type of industry Allll designers are not young so if you think it may take you ten yrs to actuallly make it!!!!!!! starting from the bottom is the way to go in this industry if u have no fooots in the dooor .... but if u have pasion for fashion '!!!!!!!!!!!!! so lame you willl make it in any aspect or role!!!!!!!! oh by the way i would love to be a stylist or own my own boutique or work in a fashion mag !!!!! i have dreams dreams.

"clothes are what you wear and fashion is how you wear it"

boite nature

HSC
I want to do fashion design but i still dont know where, I am thinking either East Sydney or CIT.
CIT (Canberra Institute of Technology) is a good place to look at, they actually offer a Bachelor degree in Fashion design whereas at East Sydney you get an advanced diploma. I went to their open day last year and I was really impressed by the facility - really big, purpose built workrooms and office space for designing - the third year students are able to each have their own office cubicle and set it up with inspiration boards etc. they also seem to have pretty good CAD facilities. I would really like to go there but there is the lure of the big bright lights of sydney making the decision a little harder... plus East Sydney's excellent reputation and alumni.
But I think in creative industries like arts, fashion or entertainment, your success will be more based on you individual talent and creativity, your drive, who you know and being in the right place at the right time. it doesnt so much depend on the type of qualification you have or where you got it.

amnz

HSC
hey pplz
i m a first year student doing fashion design at CIT........they offer a great course.........the teacher are great ........i m loving it...although like any other fashion course at any other place they do make you work hard and it is a very demanding course........but you learn SO MUCH.....i m really happy that i chose to study here..........and then again for those who r confused abt where to study fashion at then end of the day it is about how much u r willing to put in and if you give 100%....no matter where you are you will be successful!

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
this thread is gone yet if anyone reads this and has made it into any of the fashion schol please let me know as i want to do it after school yet im so confused becuase all the course look goood!!!!!!!!

pinksparkle

HSC
has anyone taken the fashion design course at ultimo? cert or diploma? how is it?? do you get to do a fashion show at the end of the year? coz im debating with that or KVB but i noticed alot of employers dont know what KVB is... pls help!!

*RiNa*

HSC
hey.. yer i want to do either marketing or something in the textiles industry.. im thinking i want to be something like a retail buyer, or fashion coordinator, but i hav no idea how to get into that type of career. And i kno how high u hav to get in order to go to uni.. any suggestions??

dan:.

HSC
回复: careers in fashion design

ive wanted to work in the fashion industry for as long as i can remember!! it would be so awesome to have such a fun job!! im not sure what i want to do yet... im thinking anything from a designer to working with fashion magazines.. ive got my heart set on UTS..but im starting to think its an unrealistic goal to get such a high UAI!!! im now thinking about east sydney especially after seeing how many top designers have studied there!! all i want to say to everyone is dont ever give up!! if u put ur mind to it u can get there in the end..if u dont get the UAI u want its not the end of the world!! :) :) :)

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
hey *rina* ,dan and pinksparkle
i know and totally agree that after school i want to go to east sydney and do the course there as uts does sound extremely unrealistic uai i mean for 7 more point we can do medical science wtf?
kvb does also sound goood as well , yet what i really want is prob a internship somewhere coause ive been told the more exprerience3 the beta!!!!!!!!!!!

Fault

HSC
Akira Isogawa did design in KvB.

I once wanted to do fashion design but I realised that it could only ever be a dream @_@. It's too competitive since there are such limited spots.

Recently, the Whitehouse college came to our school to teach us fashion drawing and one student was lucky enough to get a one week workshop scholarship valued at $500 approx. Too bad it wasn't me :( But then again, I don't really need it since I can do graphic design XD!!! But I got a highly commeneded award! (runner up) hehehehhe.

Yeah, we must keep this section alive. It's very much dead -_-.

emilylu

HSC
Who can tell me which 1 is the best college in NSW for fashion design..etc..
I am on the halfway of yr11..I am gonna transfer to a school in sydney..

tz_lyj_6@hotmail.com

Thx..

emilylu

HSC
+..

better the school with other subject..

not a school special 4 fashion design..

heysalovesyah

HSC
Fault said:
Akira Isogawa did design in KvB.

I once wanted to do fashion design but I realised that it could only ever be a dream @_@. It's too competitive since there are such limited spots.

Recently, the Whitehouse college came to our school to teach us fashion drawing and one student was lucky enough to get a one week workshop scholarship valued at $500 approx. Too bad it wasn't me :( But then again, I don't really need it since I can do graphic design XD!!! But I got a highly commeneded award! (runner up) hehehehhe.

Yeah, we must keep this section alive. It's very much dead -_-.
what you going to do with the graphic design? cos i know if i dont get into fashion im doing graphic designing.. are u doing it for your HSC major work? I was lucky enoff to get into the National Art School of Australia.. for digital media or graphic design.. which helped me heaps.. anyways.. hope u know wat ur doing.. cos i have somewhat of an idea..

emilylu

HSC
oh!^

Thx..

Are there any school for after school study? then..

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
there are only a selected few
fbi fashion college glebe = im going to this one after school absolutely love it
whitehouse institute of design
east sydney tafe
australian institute of desin at burwood i think its called the style school
uts has a cool fashion course
also the melbourne school of fashion if ur seriouse in relocating
and
canberra uni
oh and bachelor of design at unsw
if this helps

Bl0nDi3

HSC
The best place for fashion design is east sydney. dont go to private colleges all they care about is your payments, i know my teacher in fashion taught in one of them for a couple of years, and the selection process is bs...they jus make it seem like its really compeitive. East sydney has brought out alot of good designers because they are selective about the students they admit so if you got talent you'l b good. UTS is alright only prob is high uai...being smart doesnt mean your creative but if you get in its great you get more time there to develop your style. Good luck ppl :)

Nettynou

HSC
Hey Vogue do you have a numba or web site for this school...
australian institute of desin at burwood
Thanks =)

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
HEY nETTYNOU
IT IS
called the australian insitute of workplace learning
and the course there are
Advance diploma in fashion design 2 years full time and it cost 14 500 per year
and the course in fashion styling which goes for 10 weeks and cost 1200

it is located at 1 rowely street burwood
ph 8746 64 00 and website
www.aiwl.com.au

alyse

HSC
hey!

im applying for UTS fashion design course for next year!!! i went to the open day last weekend and the course looks AWESOME!!! seriously i was in awe! lol

so good, cause last year the UAI was 98, and this year has gone down to 88, still fairly high but a bit more reasonable. the course is fully exclusive, because only 45 people get chosen for the course, so it would be REALLY hard to get it, but yeah im hoping!!!:)

anyone else planning on goin there next year? also anyone from the newcastle area applying for that course???

alyse

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)