CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods (2 Viewers)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods

I'm not a bike guy and main reason for wanting car is to help carry stuff. Bike won't help. And taxis are really cheap.

As for importing cars - yes. The Licence just to own a car is called the "Certificate of entitlement" and depending on which class of car you're looking at, actually makes up more than half (and sometime 75%) of the actual car purchase price. Oh and you have to scrap the car after it reaches ten years of age or pay exponentially increasing taxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turntaker

HSC
Re: CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods

I'm not a bike guy and main reason for wanting car is to help carry stuff. Bike won't help. And taxis are really cheap.

As for importing cars - yes. The Licence just to own a car is called the "Certificate of entitlement" and depending on which class of car you're looking at, actually makes up more than half (and sometime 75%) of the actual car purchase price. Oh and you have to scrap the car after it reaches ten years of age or pay exponentially increasing taxes.

This is is the reason I will never live in singapore.
I can't see myself not owning a car and a basic car there costs so much.

Move back to aus bro :p

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I will. I'll only do this as a temporary thing and then buy something awesome when I'm back.

Rhinoz8142

HSC
Uni Grad

Have you considered renting a car ?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
CARS & RIDES & Mighty Car Mods

Have you considered renting a car ?
Yes but the cheapest cars are still >$100 a day with a lot of rules. Even the taxi drivers have to pay CoE (indirectly - it's built into their car rental arrangement as I found out from my taxi driver).

As for C63 - that's a genuine option given it's got a sensible price tag, the missus liked my C250 before and it's a pretty safe choice. That being said she also really likes the X4/X6 and Macan so will have to consider those too. Admittedly she drove the X6M so I'm not sure if the normal models will get the thumbs up from her (but then we also have speed limits enforced in Sydney).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turntaker

HSC

Really digging the MCM SuperMini. Probably one of my favourite project cars to date.
I'm not really.
I just want them to do more DIY stuff.
How many of us can actually afford to supercharge some obscure car.

All the stuff they do now is done by professionals and Moog and Marty just document it.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yeah, I've been saying that for ages. I think it's at a point now where if they return to their roots a lot of people will be disappointed that there aren't high HP turbo cars etc. Which was never the point of MCM.

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
Really digging the MCM SuperMini. Probably one of my favourite project cars to date.
If you are liking the MCM Mini you should check out the Youtube channel "Bad Obsession Motorsport..." They are pretty much trying to pack a Celica GT4's engine and running gear into a Mini... Best build I have seen for quite some time... would be killer if they pull it off... They are getting really close... Would put the MCM mini to shame if they pull it off...

https://www.youtube.com/user/badobsessionmsport

astroman

HSC
Same, the series was great, choice of car was a bit meh at the beginning but I kinda liked it :)
I'm not really.

All the stuff they do now is done by professionals and Moog and Marty just document it.
They were bound to get others involved as their channel grew to such a huge audience.
Yeah, I've been saying that for ages. I think it's at a point now where if they return to their roots a lot of people will be disappointed that there aren't high HP turbo cars etc. Which was never the point of MCM.
They won't disappoint fans, a mix of both videos would be good.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not really.

They still do the odd DIY mod between the major build episodes. I guess if it were my dream car I'd probably let a shop do it as well rather than risk dodgy fabrication which the Mini needed a lot of. The Supergramp build (again, one of my favourites) was interesting although it's certainly not the direction I would take my own Gen4 Liberty.

turntaker

HSC
Will the police care if I get 25% tint. (the legal is 35%)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Really? I've seen quite a few cars with ridiculous amounts of tint all round.
Lots of people litter, jaywalk, spit, speed, etc...

But in all seriousness, unless you need ultra dark tint for personal safety/security reasons like in some Asian countries, it's stupid. Like, it makes driving ridiculously difficult especially at night and in the rain. There also tends to be a correlation between countries which have security concerns and countries which have shocking weather and/or limited street lighting (e.g. Jakarta, parts of Malaysia, etc). I was driving at night in Malaysia on unsealed roads and thinking I may as well have been driving in the bush.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)