case studies (1 Viewer)

juliastiles

HSC
is it okay to draw on my own general knowledge for case studies because I feel like I can think of a business I know for most of the dot points. For example in marketing for global branding I know Mcdonalds has a global brand so would I just be able to say "One business that effectively utilises global branding is Mcdonalds who has a recognisable brand worldwide which has allow them to etc....."

specificagent1

HSC
how would the marker in terms of the hsc know what case you learnt in class? i think you can just use any applicable ones

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
The main consideration is that the case study material that you incorporate into your Section IV response has to effectively support your point(s). You don't necessarily need to adhere to case study information in a precise manner. It is also worth mentioning that markers will not search up any specific data you may include as part of the case study information you provide because that is not the point of utilising case study material (unless there is an obvious and severe discrepancy with respect to the information you provide, although that is generally unlikely to occur). Drawing upon your own general knowledge is not likely to be problematic as long as the information you provided is logical and effectively supports your discussion. Other examples of using one's general knowledge of a particular business include:
  • Marketing - Apple's marketing as a whole, which is highly effective. One may wish to go into detail/specific aspects of Apple's marketing depending on the requirements of the question.
  • Operations - Samsung's disastrous Galaxy Note 7 release (2016). I used information relating to this in my HSC exam, most of which came from my own knowledge of the company (back then I was heavily invested in technology and the giants of this industry). I explained the incident in addition to how the company responded to it and subsequently linked this information to my points.
I hope this helps! 😄

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)