Case Study: Elizabeth (1 Viewer)

australianpwned

HSC
Is there anybody out there doing the Elizabeth I Case study?

We have an assessment task looking at historians' contexts, specifically Sir John Neale, but also Susan Doran, C Haigh, Wallace MacCaffrey, R B Wenham and G R Elton

There is almost nothing about Neale that I can find on the interweb. G R Elton has a few scattered pieces of info, but as for the rest there is barely anything.
Any help/ideas/books/suggestions of where I might find some background info on these historians would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

Historian

HSC
I'm assuming this is Luke...this is Hayden and I can't find anyhing either, this has got to be the most stupid essay known to man. Given the date of this post you should know that I'm still trying even the night before to find Neale crap, I just feel like not handing it in, it seems inevitable anyway as I can't stand to bullshit. Anywho sorry I can't help...

live.fast

HSC
N/A
You can always ask your teacher to provide you with resources? :) Elizabeth is a particularly difficult Case Study to complete; there are relatively fewer contemporary sources, it seems limited in the scope of historians available for your selection for further study, and there are no available exemplar responses to any Elizabeth Case Study question. (Which is odd, as I believe it's the second most favoured elective of all the Case Studies, behind JFK).

HSC
check out the resouces section of this site if you havent already

check out your school library, you'll be suprised at how many of hist ext books are tucked there

good luck

myonlyhope90

HSC
Uni Grad
I can recommend Susan Doran...

There are a few essays by her over the net...

She is really good for Gender and Identity!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You've got Doran, Alison Weir, Susan Bassnett, Christopher Haigh, Geoffrey Elton, Carole Levin, Sir John Neale, William Camden, John Knox, Jasper Ridley etc etc/

myonlyhope90

HSC
Uni Grad
Doran and Bassnett are good for a feminist perspective... I really like Doran's writing...

Knox is a contemporary, and is very biased... His work "The Fisrt Trumpet Blast..." was a pamphlet that condemned the idea of female sovereignty.

Elton, of course, is really good for a comparison. He wrote England Under the Tudors. He looks at Elizabeth form a political perspective...

Jasper Ridley from my understanding wrote an update of Foxe's Book of Martyrs... which of course is an account of Protestant persecutions, especially under Elizabeth's half sister Mary...

And what ever you do, DO NOT discuss Kapur's 1998 film.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)